We are open and ready to take your order
Since our announcement on the 31st March our dedicated and hardworking team have been putting in place a number of safety measures in accordance with all Government guidelines and social distancing recommendations, to allow us to start taking orders each day via our website and contact centre.
Please note there maybe a limit each day to how many orders we despatch.
Online ordering & our Contact Centre
Our website is now open for taking orders. We may need to limit how many orders we can despatch each day, please visit our site and social media channels each day for regular updates.
Our contact centre is now open for orders, queries and questions.
Our temporary opening times will be 8am-8pm Monday-Friday. Our contact centre remains closed for over the weekend. You may experience a longer than normal wait time to get through to one of our agents, but we ask you to bear with us if we need to handle higher than normal call volumes.
Our contact centre is working remotely.
Birmingham and London Stores
Our two stores remain closed but we will keep you updated if this changes.
Click and Collect
With our two stores remaining closed for the time being we are unable to accept any click/call and collect orders.
By doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our team it does mean there may be slight delays in your order being despatched. We will ensure that any delays are kept to a minimum. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Please do note that any delivery time quoted on our site or on despatch emails are estimated and could extend beyond the dates provided. We are working hard to ensure this does not happen but ask for your understanding.
If you have a concern about delivery please contact 0345 100 1122
Free Returns Extended – 180 days
We have extended our free returns to 180 days, please click here for more information.
If you have a return please contact 0345 100 1122 and our team will help you manage your return or click here to view our returns policy.
International Delivery Update
We are aware that there is interruption in the international postal networks so your parcels may be subject to delays.
If you have a query or are concerned about your parcel please contact +44 (0) 121 200 2120 and our team will help you.
Our scrap team are now processing scrap jobs. We are open to receive scrap through the post, and we can accept scrap returns in person in both Birmingham and London, but only by appointment.
Please contact us on 0345 100 1122 to book your appointment.
What are we doing to work safely for you
As a result of COVID-19 we have made major changes to our logistics and warehouse operations to ensure the safety of all our team members.
What have we done –
• Social Distancing – We have reviewed our internal logistics organisation around high traffic areas to establish distance controls and to ensure our team are always 2 metres apart. This has taken some time, it has necessitated IT system changes and a re-lay out of specific areas in our warehouse.
• PPE – All warehouse and logistics staff are provided with quality gloves and masks thereby helping to reduce risk.
• Hand sanitiser - all team members will have easy access to hand washing facilties and we have put procedures in place to ensure that they use these facilities once they have entered site, every hour, before and after eating, before leaving site. We have also put in place regular daily deep cleans.
• Team and Order Limits – We are limiting the number of team members in the warehouse at any one point by introducing new shift patterns. As such we may have to limit the number of orders we take each day.
• Vulnerable colleagues are self isolating, and office staff are working from home where ever possible.
We are continuing to work hard to ensure that our staff and customers can safely continue to access our full services.
From us all at Cooksongold please stay at home and follow Government Guidelines and we hope to return to full operation once it is safe to do so.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and continued support during these unprecedented times.
Information provided in the statement reflects the current Coronavirus position. Any changes will be reflected in this statement.
Date: 26th April 2020
Sign up for news, offers and competitions
© 2020 Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. VAT Registration No. GB161 8062 21. Registered in England no. 2775187. Registered Office: 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ
Tel: 0345 100 1122 or 0121 200 2120 Fax: 0121 212 6456