The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE) requires UK distributors and retailers to provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge.
If you are buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for FREE.
Recycling your electrical and electronic devices is easy.
• Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK's fastest growing type of waste.
• Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment.
• Electrical equipment contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly. By recycling any old and unwanted electrical equipment you are helping to save the planet.
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us.
Any item that contains a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused!
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheelie bin symbol and in accordance with European Standard EN 50419.
Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your household bin.
• Buy a new electrical item from us either online, over the phone or in-store.
• Simply bring the old electrical item into one of our stores within 28 days of purchasing your new item, bring proof of purchase and we will do the rest.
• If purchasing your new item in-store, we must sell a similar item to the one you’re recycling.
• Don’t forget that electrical equipment that has a crossed out wheeled bin symbol can be recycled.
• If your old product doesn’t have this symbol, we’ll still accept it as part of an equivalent purchase and recycle it to the best of our ability.
If you are unable to access one of our stores you can recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the RECYCLE NOW website to find out more information.
By recycling electrical equipment and diverting it from landfill, you’re helping prevent the lead and other harmful toxins they contain from polluting the soil and water. These toxins are harmful to our environment, wildlife and also detrimental to human health.
This service is being offered in accordance with The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (2013).
To view information on batteries directive, click here.
Cookson Precious Metals Ltd
Registered Office: 59-83 Vittoria Street
© 2023 Cookson Precious Metals Ltd. VAT Registration No. GB161 8062 21. Registered in England no. 2775187. Registered Office: 59-83 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3NZ
Tel: 0345 100 1122 or 0121 200 2120 Fax: 0121 212 6456