We know that starting your jewellery making journey can be overwhelming which is why, as a part of our how to make jewellery hub we’re giving you some helpful advice, tips, guides and more on a range of jewellery making. Here we’ve listed what we think are some useful tips for those new to stamping metal
Metal stamping is one of the most popular types of jewellery making that you can do at home. Metal stamping allows jewellers to personalise their creations with initials, dates and names by hand, with just a few tools.
We’ve put together a quick guide to all the tools you’ll need to start creating personalised metal stamping jewellery.
What you need for metal stamping
- A stamping hammer to create impressions onto the metal of your choice with stamps,
- Metal stamps to create a personalised designs, including letters, numbers, icons or shapes.
- A stamping block to absorb the hammer blows and prevent the metal from moving and Stamping tape to hold your tags or blanks in place.
- Metal tags or blanks to stamp onto.
- A polishing cloth to shine your piece.
Metal stamping projects to get you started
Metal stamping is such a fun and exciting area of jewellery making to get in to and if you’re a beginner jewellery maker you’ll be surprised as to just how easy it is! Make sure you visit the metal stamping area of our jewellery making hub for some more handy guides, hints and tips!