Are you interested in selling jewellery online? Most jewellers opt to sell their designs at craft fairs or on sites like Etsy. But after spending so much time and effort on perfecting your designs and products, you might now be in a position to start selling jewellery online elsewhere. So, if you’re ready to take your business to the next level, check out our guide to selling jewellery on Amazon – a global e-commerce site designed for the sale of a wide range of products. But where to start? If you’re wondering how to sell jewellery on Amazon, discover our top tips below.
How to sell jewellery on Amazon
Before you get started, it’s worth noting that only authorised sellers of fine jewellery are approved for selling fashion jewellery on Amazon. Want to request approval? Log in to your seller’s account, click “Add a Product” in your inventory, look for your existing fine jewellery item and then select “Request for Approval”. Then simply complete the application form, submit it and wait for the response. You may be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee, so check out the terms and conditions before submitting.
Once your application has been approved, you can start selling jewellery on Amazon. But there are a few things to consider when it comes to building your Amazon listing. Here are some of the top tips on selling on Amazon:
- Title and description – Keep it clear. Make sure you include all the relevant information and optimise it for keywords
- Images and video – A very important part of your listing, giving customers a clear view of the product and each component of your jewellery
- Customer reviews – Having visible reviews can push customers who are on-the-fence, to make a purchase of your product over other available alternatives
- Star rating – Symbolising the average customer review, allowing buyers to see a quick evaluation of your product and assuring quality for consumers
- Inventory – Inventory reports are snapshots of your Amazon listing information, providing you with a better idea of what you have available and which items need updating or removing
- Enhanced content – Includes comparison charts, downloadable documents and numerous ways to customise your listing with branded assets
Jewellers’ tips on selling on Amazon
Selling jewellery online is no mean feat, and when it comes to selling fashion jewellery on Amazon, there are no exceptions. Here are some jewellers’ Amazon selling tips:
Optimise your listings. They sell over 12 million products, so your Amazon jewellery listing needs to stand out and show up at the top of product searches. They use the product information and details you provide to match your item to a customer’s search query, so it’s vital that you give accurate, detailed information when creating your listing. Don’t cut short on anything – include titles, descriptions, any details that can identify the product (e.g., size and colour), relevant search terms, etc.
Use professional images. When selling jewellery on Amazon, or any website for that matter, you must include multiple images that clearly display your products. Selling jewellery online is different to displaying your designs in-store, as buyers don’t have the physical product to examine, so it’s important that you provide high-quality images. If your photos don’t look professional, buyers will have less trust in you as a brand – if they can see a level of professionalism in your listing, they are more likely to believe in the quality of your products. Need some advice on jewellery photography? Check out our blog on how to photograph jewellery to help you attract more buyers.
Use competitive pricing. Most customers on Amazon are there to find the products they want or need, at the lowest prices. So before you start selling jewellery on Amazon, you should get to know the prices you’re competing against. Unless your item is truly unique, it will require a lot of research to get the price right. Sometimes, having a lower price can also help your listing show up at the top of the search results.
The do’s and don’ts of selling jewellery on Amazon
You know what to include in your listing, but what are the other do’s and don’ts of selling jewellery on Amazon? With so much Amazon jewellery to compete with, it’s important you get your listing right. Here’s how to sell jewellery on Amazon to the right way:
- Know the rules and don’t violate any of Amazon’s policies
- Start out with at least 10 products and include a variety of items that your target audience might be interested in
- Keep track of your reviews and ratings
- Monitor your sales and inventory
- Meet Amazon’s processing and shipping timelines
- Capitalise the first letter of each word
- Keep your titles short (50 characters minimum), but include all critical information
- Optimise your listings with relevant keywords – Find keywords that are only used on Amazon, have high search volumes and filter them out by relevance, competition score and difficulty
- Avoid using dashes and opt for commas instead
- Avoid including the price and quantity
- Avoid using all capital letters and additional symbols
- Don’t add seller information
- Use a pure white background to let the product stand out
- Show the product outside of its packaging
- Display the entirety of the product, and not just one snippet.
- Fill 80-100% of the image frame
- Avoid adding text/illustrations/graphics/logos that aren’t part of the product
- Don’t use watermarks
Get your business Amazon-ready with Cooksongold
And there you have it – our top tips on how to sell jewellery on Amazon. Venturing out into the world of selling jewellery on Amazon? Make sure your business and workshop are ready with Cooksongold. Shop a range of jewellery tools, bullion and findings to stock up on all the jewellery making equipment you need to build up your inventory.
Remember, when selling jewellery on Amazon, all listings and products must observe all the applicable laws and regulations – so do your research to make sure you and your business comply.