Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll get spots on my tongue.....

Default I'll get spots on my tongue.....

A little tale for you this morning - I have two regular customers who are good friends, Maria and Margaret. I made a necklace for Maria earlier this year which she loved and so did another friend, Gill.

Margaret wants me to make Maria a bracelet and earrings to match her necklace; Maria wants me to make a similar necklace for her friend Gill. I didn't have any more beads but now managed to track them down - rhodonite ovals with striking black matrix with black onyx and silver.

Nice and straightforward eh? Mmmmm, Margaret has just sent me a text to warn me that Maria is going to ask me to make her a bracelet to match her necklace....oooh, just like the one I am already making as a gift for her at christmas - h..e..l..p!

The line I'm going to take is that I am very happy to make her a bracelet, but I am so busy at the moment that I am prioritising the orders to make those for pressies first, so it may be after christmas when her bracelet will be ready. Let's hope it keeps her happy and the wolves from the door.

All this before 9am on a Monday with a heavy week ahead - cat problem, builder / water leak problem, son's birthday tomorrow and then 3 days working at Greenwich christmas craft market. Anyone care to join me in a large G&T for breakfast?!

Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Wow Kym. That'll be a balancing act for you.

I've just had a commission for a bracelet to match an existing necklace - I got the client talking about earrings too although she wanted to wait for those. Just as well really, I've made them for her for her birthday as she's a friend too. My juggling task was way easier than yours sounds. Good luck/

Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Much respect to you Kym, I thought I had been juggling recently, but it pales into insignificance when I look at your schedule, phew, I am exhausted just reading what you are up to !!

And I think your friend's bracelet and earrings will be an even better surprise, if she thinks that she isn't getting it until next year and she will be extra thrilled when she opens her gift.

L x

I must admit it is a bit of a juggling act during December - I normally work 2 days a week at the craft market but will be upping the days over the christmas period to work 3-4 days a week + christmas eve. Problem is it doesn't give you too much time to make things inbetween working days as well as trying to sort out the domestics and christmas arrangements.

BTW these two women are not friends of mine, they are customers who are great friends with each other. Providing I can pull it off, I know Maria will be delighted with her surprise from Margaret and it gives me a little warm glow when I think of it...aaaaaah.
    Kym

www.kymbigwood.com

God, it's mad isn't it. I've got 23 orders sitting on my table waiting to be made. The orders are coming in thick and fast so there'll be loads more to do. I've also got a Victorian Christmas market for 5 days this week and a 2 day-er next week. I'm also face painting dressed as an elf next week! Manic!

I can't wait to see the photos of you in your elf costume Carole !

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post
    oooh, yes please, wanna see a pic
    Kym

www.kymbigwood.com

wow sounds like quite a juggling act lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I'd be interested in seeing that as well
    Ingrid - from Sweden you know (Sister of Lars)
    LarsAndIngrid.co.uk

Sorry I can't help with the juggling, but lots of virtual G & T's coming your way!

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!