Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good day

Default Good day

Hey there, I'm alistair I'm pretty new to all this been making jewellery for about 6 months only seem to be making necklaces ATM though find then a lot easier than rings, i find you can be more creative as well, I always find the greeting a little awkward even from sitting behind a computer! Ahhh a little about myself ummm well I love adrenaline sports raced downhill mountain bikes all my life got to see the world, but that's all finished now its a weekend thing not a job anymore, then I found making jewellery - random change I know!

Hi Alistair and welcome to the forum. I hope you will let us see some of your necklaces. I must say all the other items of jewellery give plenty of scope for creativity.

You have mentioned rings, but if you browse a rings book you will see a huge range of innovative designs, not just limited to a round shank, topped by a stone. Here is one of mine, and other members are showing some too. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiCorn Cob Ring.jpg  

Hi Alastair and welcome. That's definitely a change of direction although making jewellery can sometimes raise your adrenalin when things are a bit tricky or not going well!
    I must admit I seem to be making a lot more pendants and necklaces than anything else just now, I seem to have an endless supply of designs in my head just now

Hi Alistair, welcome to the forum. Adrenaline oh yes, especially when you get your hand in the way of the flame, or melt something by mistake.

hello! I look forward to seeing some of your work! I love making rings, I'd happily just make rings in fact...have to occassionally remind myself that there are other pieces to do!
    I was a television producer until I fell in love with a blow torch ;-)

Welcome Alistair,
    Quite a change in occupying yourself, this malarky most certainly has it's challenges!!
    I think many folk on here have had a change in direction, I used to be a nurse & senior manager in the NHS.......thank goodness I left all that behind!!!!

Look forwards to seeing some of your work

Tabby x

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    What do you get when you cross a television producer with a blow torch? The person with the best answer will probably get a thump from our Lydia. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    hello! I look forward to seeing some of your work! I love making rings, I'd happily just make rings in fact...have to occassionally remind myself that there are other pieces to do!
    Whereas I am the opposite - I never wear rings so never think to make them! I am trying to make more, as the boy pointed out that just because I don't wear them, other people might still want to buy them. He's clever that one.

Welcome to the forum Alistair! I loved the odd bit of hurtling downhill on a mountain bike as a kid, but too scared to do it these days.

hi and welcome from me too. The scariest thing I used to do was lecture to 200+ students!