Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2014 Themed Competition

Default April 2014 Themed Competition

April 14 Competition Theme: April Showers

Post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.04.2014. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at Cooksongold.

The judging process will take place by 09.05.2014. Our Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per category per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cooksongold reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 09.05.2014.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cooksongold.

I would like to enter my raincloud necklace into the competition for April. I've been working on it all month and learned many new things whilst making it (and a big thank-you to the lovely forum members who gave me lots of advice & info!). I'm not entirely happy with the results and I realise it looks amateur compared to the beautiful pieces I usually see posted here, however I am determined to submit an entry each month!

It is made of sterling silver with a brass lightening bolt (the lightening was a special request by a certain 5 year old) and tiny 3mm blue sapphire gemstones. The entire piece is approx. 3cm wide x 2.5cm long. I would like to do it again now that I've learned some valuable lessons, to start with this time I would make it a bit larger so that I could work with larger stones! (This was my first attempt at creating this type of bezel and quite honestly I think it was above my current level of ability....) I also learned an extremely valuable lesson and will not repeat this mistake again - after soldering the teardrop bezels I turned it around to the backside to reinforce them with a bit more solder on the back. Well....I should have known that the heat would loosen all the teardrops this way! I managed to get them mostly back where they belong except for one that still looks a bit wonky but I was afraid to muddle with it any further.

Now that I've finished this I'm already planning a design for next month's competition!

I apologise in advance for my photography, but the first picture is my necklace being worn by a random Tahitian warrior.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aP1090788.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	6047

And a closer shot

Name:	aaaaP1090817.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	6048:

Well, I rather like that Sandra, and it's lovely to see the result of your questions regarding teardrop/pear shaped settings.....well worth the perseverance!! (and a lovely design too)!!

Thank you . I was hesitant to post it because It didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but as I said i am determined to enter something every month! It was fun designing and working on it though. Every project I do I learn so much!

That's lovely Sandra, and how proud your child must be seeing the lightning bolt on the finished piece too =D
    I used to try and enter every month too, but other things got in the way and finding the time to enter is getting harder. (I prefer to make specifically for the comps like you). Best of luck with the competition =) xx
    Sian Williamson

I am happy to announce the winner of the April Themed competition is Sandra Tingle with the below entry

Name:	Sandra tingle.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	6054

It was a tough one this month with so many entries....but the judges did really love this piece.

They said "this piece is really fun, it really sticks to the theme and the pop of colour from the 'rain drops' really stands out"

Sandra Tingle, please email me (jemima.joy@cooksongold.com) with your contact details and Cooksongold account number (if you have one) and i will arrange for your prize to be sorted.

Once again, congratulations Sandra Tingle!!!

Well done Sandra! The little lightning bolt is super-cute

Oh wow thank you Even though I was the only entry I'm still excited and Monday is my birthday so I'm super happy!!

Congratulations and well done for sticking with it. I've certainly been there with the " I'll just do a bit more to it " and then disaster strikes.

Congratulations!!!!