Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Themed Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    You and me both. There are some very talented people on this site, I am in awe of most of them. Your wire work is wonderful too, so time consuming I should think, need a lot of patience. Are you in the UK or further afield.
    Thank you ! and yest it is time consuming.... but how rewarding!
    I do live in UK but I am not from here. I moved here nearly 4 years ago.
    Babette

I am pleased that you like it here enough to stay, and I think you work is lovely.

A pendant I made some time ago but still love. I particularly liked making the chain so the whole piece gelled (for me). Tho' I can't remember what the stone was. I think it was called Poppy Jasper. The beads were Carnelian and matched in colour tying everything together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020557.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	4135
    Last edited by theresa; 09-12-2012 at 03:17 PM.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

gosh what lovely work everyone. I did this pendant during this weekend - I have had this piece of labradorite sat staring at me for a few months and after needing to relax my eyes from all the mini stones I set, this was a nice change. I made the chain a little while back but think they work well together.

Attachment 4137

All the pieces are so different, yet they are all lovely. It is great to see the individuality we jewellers have!

I love this Carol at the moment I am making tube pendants for myself and siblings for my fathers ashes, I like your use of the stone on the bttom and the etching, it has given me a few more ideas, I was thinking of soldering wire and flowers around some but wanted to set a stone, I kept thinking how can I have a stone and something to hang it from on the top when I want the stone centred, thanks for the idea
    Wendy

Wow! Great entries again this month. The ashes one in particular is particularly special. Good luck everyone =)
    Sian Williamson

Thought I would enter this month not that my pendant is up to standard but you may like the story.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pensm.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	4149
    I drive a classic mini and earlier this year my wife was driving it when it caught fire I do carry an extinguisher so the fire was put out without too much damage. When fitting a new wiring loom I found a small piece of copper that had melted in the fire. As you have probably guessed that is now the centre piece of this pendant. My wife loves it and one day I may tell her where the copper came from but she has already had the last laugh by asking for matching earrings

That's at least saved something from your disaster, Carl. Trouble is, you now have to set fire to two more cars. Dennis.

I love it Carl, both the pendant and the story................as has been said many times, this jewellery business can be an expensive past time ;-)