Thread: Uploading a Word Document.

Default Uploading a Word Document.

All my Word documents are smaller than 19.5KB, but when I try to upload one to the forum it won't accept it. What am I doing Wrong? Dennis.

That's very strange... I had enough difficulty finding one that small! Even a basic document with the word "test" in it came out at 23.5kB.
    One possibility might be to export your document as a pdf and upload that?

Default The size of my word documents.

Hi Peter,

Here is a sample of my previous posts, made into a JPG file with the snipping tool, showing their size. I suppose I could do the same with the actual text, or send an attachment as 'plain text', but all that is so much extra nuisance.

The reason for my enquiry is that a fair number of my old posts on the forum can no longer be recalled as a link, to answer a recurring question, because they are being misdirected. Most recently this happened with 'A Low Tech Method For Anodizing Niobium'. Anyhow, I guess I have something wrong, or more likely my computer is a terrible liar. I shall also try exporting as a PDF tonight when I have more time.

Regards, Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.

It's probably my copy bolting all the corporate templates into the file, that never helps.

I found the niobium thread through the search button - http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/tut...t-results.html - what link are you using?

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/tut...t-results.html Yes, The same one, but on Sunday the text had gone AWOL, so clicking on the link just produced a lame excuse, Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-05-2011 at 04:59 PM.