Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown diamonds...clarity?

Default Brown diamonds...clarity?

Hi I’m making a set of diamond earrings for my partner, they are 3.8mm stones and were sold as si1/si2.
    I’ve never brought diamonds before, one of them seems to be right for si (from my research online) but the other has a blemish in it and I’m not so sure about it.
    Can anyone give they’re opinion on it please?
    I’ve added photos...
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1BB7C6CA-0DF6-46EB-981B-0035AB03EF30.jpg  

I can't really offer much of an opinion from the photo - and I'd emphasise that I'm not a qualified diamond grader - but SI1/SI2 diamonds may well have inclusions that are visible to the naked eye, not just under a loupe.

While under GIA specs SI means "visible under a loupe", there's nothing in the definitions that says "not visible without a loupe". Arguably, I or Pique might be better clarity definitions if they are though.

Best bet? Talk to the person you bought them from and raise your concerns with them directly.

I’m in talks with the seller regards the condition. Like I mentioned...I’ve never brought diamonds before so a little unsure, but I do think from clarity examples online that one of the diamonds is not an si, looks more to be i2/i3.

If in doubt send them back for credit and buy frm a well known and trusted trader, such as AE Ward in Hatton Garden. You will get exactly what you asked for and they will be a matching pair.

Best of all, visit their showroom and choose for yourself. You will find them patient and helpful. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 01-06-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Are A E ward still in business ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If in doubt send them back for credit and buy frm a well known and trusted trader, such as AE Ward in Hatton Garden. You will get exactly what you asked for and they will be a matching pair.

Best of all, visit their showroom and choose for yourself. You will find them patient and helpful. Dennis.
    If they were bought over the net you can require a refund,that's European law. You don't even have to give a reason. But to me, unskilled in diamond stuff but skilled in matching (pearls) they are certainly not a matched pair.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Yes AE Ward are still there, and your glasses would mist over if you visited on a busy day. Dennis.

It must depend on all sorts of factors, who you bought them from, whether you asked for a matching pair, etc As a non expert on diamonds I’d be going to a reputable business in the hope the advice and service they gave me was honourable because I’m not sure I’d be able to argue about quality if I didn’t know anything about them and I’m speaking from a personal viewpoint

Interesting, I sent five email's in the last week attempting to purchase I received no reply I assumed they had closed, well their loss I had to go elsewhere

Refunds are legally required for all returned online purchases. That's the law. Doesn't matter why you are returning them.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk