Thread: Cable necklets with bayonet Clasps

Default Cable necklets with bayonet Clasps

Hi All.

I have always used this necklets from Cooksons: VVI CFR
    https://www.cooksongold.com/Finished...prcode-VVI-CFR

But they've been out of stock for months. I've had some on backorder for ages and they arrived over the w/e but without bayonet clasps - instead they all had lobster clasps.

I got in touch with Cooksons and they've checked over stock and got back to me with the following:

"The supplier advised (at the end of the production process) that they have manufactured all of the products with the incorrect clasp. We have been out of stock of these products for some months now, so we have taken the decision to accept the stock as a temporary fulfilment, while we re-source the products again with a supplier that can provide the correct spec. We will arrange to have the products re-photographed and added to the website temporarily, while we sell this stock through."

Just thought I'd let you know in case you were ordering any.

But also I wondered if anyone knew where I could purchase the same sort of necklet with a bayonet clasp. The lobster clasp version really doesn't suit my jewellery and I'll be returning the ones I ordered. I've got a few shows coming up and really need to get stocked up on these necklets. Or is it possible to buy the cable and clasps separately and make them up myself? and how tricky would that be?

Thanks

Evie
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram

Look on Alibaba
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hi Evie,
    I've had a quick look, but can't find anyone from the usual places. However, I'd try Curteis, or Betts who might be able to help, even if they don't have the item in stock, they might be able to make it up for you.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find what you are looking for. xx
    Jules

I stopped using the wires with bayonet clasps as a couple of people brought them back because they were so flimsy and lost their shape and weren’t safe.
    I only use their omega necklets now which I find good but also use Curteis for a better range of lengths
    Haven’t been so happy with Cookson for those after measuring the thickness sold. I found 1mm which is only suitable for a very few pieces were actually .8, the 1.2mm were anything up to about 1.18 but never the actual size. I think they cover it by saying approx but...
    I always add a jump ring with the lobster because the other end is ridiculously fiddly without

So many of my silver cable necklaces came back kinked and unsightly, that I changed to plastic covered steel from bead service instead.

The plain white metal ones complement sterling pendants without looking cheap and the coloured ones look good with gemstones.

They come quite long and can be shortened as required before fixing on the screw fastener. No more trouble.
    http://beadservice.net/Jewellery-Wir...imp-n-Go-Cable Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    So many of my silver cable necklaces came back kinked and unsightly, that I changed to plastic covered steel from bead service instead.

The plain white metal ones complement sterling pendants without looking cheap and the coloured ones look good with gemstones.

They come quite long and can be shortened as required before fixing on the screw fastener. No more trouble.
    http://beadservice.net/Jewellery-Wir...imp-n-Go-Cable Dennis.
    I kept your link a while back Dennis and revisited the site recently , I should really try them. I don’t use anything thinner than the 1.5 or 1.6 mm omega wires which I’ve had no complaints about, yet. I did get something back for cleaning a while back and was shocked at the state of the wire but they didn’t seem worried about it. Some standards aren’t as high as ours it would appear