Thread: keeping your ears busy in your studio?

Default keeping your ears busy in your studio?

Good day, wanted to ask do you guys listen or watch anything when in Studio? I find it interesting that I am more "productive" when I am listening Bach/ chopin/ Greig/ Mozart... modern music even if I do not notice it just listen makes me be not so fast... and used to watch films on amazon prime but then I do not do that much too...! =))) so Classical works for me, what abt you ? !

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    Good day, wanted to ask do you guys listen or watch anything when in Studio? I find it interesting that I am more "productive" when I am listening Bach/ chopin/ Greig/ Mozart... modern music even if I do not notice it just listen makes me be not so fast... and used to watch films on amazon prime but then I do not do that much too...! =))) so Classical works for me, what abt you ? !
    Radio 6. Gideon Coe on iplayer.Preferably loud.
    Nick

Radio 5 Live
    Poor old Les

I have about 200 cassettes, and choose between Country, Scottish, Rockabilly, rock, classical and stuff I have long forgotten, and then I have ave 150 CD's, yes I have get up and change the them but that is a good thing helps to stop all my warn out body bits ceasing up
    While I'm here if any body has some Kerri Watt CD's they wish to part with let me know.

I tend to use a music app on my phone and play through a speaker, with hundreds of tracks on shuffle. Although some of it I have to skip because it's too stressful to create to. But there's no classical music there, I'll have to try that sometime. Occasionally a track will come on that makes me take it off shuffle mode and I like to listen to the whole album, and that tends to be either Kate Bush or David Bowie (Hunky Dory especially) that makes me shift. I've also got a playlist of tracks that I love to listen to when I'm making, all selected for their non stressful effect.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I have about 200 cassettes, .
    wow someone still using those....!!! showed casette to my 8y old last summer at my moms place. she was amused to see it!!!! hahaha

and I don't use FaceBook and I don't have a smart phone, problem with cassettes is once the heads on the player wear out they are really really hard to find let alone some one who has the alignment gear to fit them

I have many playlists for different moods. I don't understand how to watch something while working as I need full concentration. Actually music helps to concentrate