Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neckwires.Anyone make their own?

Default Neckwires.Anyone make their own?

Does anyone make their own neckwires? I usually use the Cookson omega but as they don’t stock the longer lengths I have to buy them from Curteis, I hate their website and I think they’ve got expensive.
    Looking for other chain stockist too, I usually use belcher but thought a change would be good but it’s so difficult to choose online and time is limited

I make my own they are just like really big jump rings, I can't get Argentium over 1.6 in Australia so I have to get the thicker stuff if I want it From Cookson

I think we’re maybe talking at cross purposes Bob. I was thinking more like these https://www.cooksongold.com/Finished...prcode-VVI-OFR. I think I’ll have to stick with Curteis

Ah yes my mistake, not concentrating getting my gear together, for the ANZAC dawn service then the march representing my father, Kilt seems to be shrinking ( or maybe I am expanding )

Have you tried W J Sutton? https://www.925jewellery.co.uk/ - good prices and a pretty wide range - not always using the same chain names though, so it takes a bit of ploughing through to find what you're looking for.

Thanks George. I hadn’t thought of them, will have a look.

Kilts tend to shrink over time Bob put an extra hole or 2 in the buckle and move the buttons

Yeh may have to do that, have a new one being made over your side of the world as we speak, ( Strathmore woolen Company) I got a very strong hint that I should get a new one in the right Tartan, my partner is guest of honer at
    her upcoming college reunion in August, I had to order it now, apparently the mills shut down for the year in Scotland at the end of August, and the local maker has stopped taking orders until after Christmas.

There is a good kiltmaker quite near to me, I’ve never heard of anything like that happening

So this thread is not too of topic I have put my reply in the Lounge https://www.cooksongold.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
    Last edited by china; 26-04-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I also use the Omega - do you find it's too easy to kink, Caroline? Been a bit disappointed with them recently. I would like to find a multi cable one but no success yet.