Hello everyone,

So I made this beautiful 18ct white gold and diamond wedding ring for a friend, it’s polished rhodium plated, all finished. So I was just about to send it off for hallmarking when I got a call from the hallmarking office to say another 18ct white ring I had sent in the previous week had silver solder on it and couldn’t be hallmarked..

I was shocked, I had used 18ct white paste.

When I looked at the paste it seems Cookson’s have sent me silver rather then 18ct and must have messed up the order, I didn’t think to look at it when it came because they have never messed up an order for me.
Problem is, I have used a tiny dot of this solder on this new £800 ring which was designed and cast bespokly, I only have that setting and then it’s gone.

Luckily it’s not been sent off yet, but is there a way I can get rid of the silver solder without having to destroy my work?
I worked so hard on this ring, I am really happy with it, this has ruined everything for me. I know il have to get it replated too if I file where the solder was, but I don’t know if simple filing will sort the problem or not.

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you