Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quirky little piece.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    A mate I will call (Peter)some years ago went out on his own in a mining industry consulting capacity, charged a lower rate get work, he was not getting much. Peter had lunch with a more experienced friend who told he was not charging enough, this reflected in the industry that he thought thought he was inferior. Peter upped his prices, almost immediately the work came in.
    He is now one of the top consultants in his field and commands much higher fees than most of his competition.
    My partner agrees with you whole heartedly and uses similar examples. When I was working before I know I was not charging what I should have as an hourly rate (I was lucky enough to be busy but was working all hours to make ends meet) I've done quite a bit of reading on pricing formulas on here, so will do it more formally. Like I say, just feel a little bad for customers that it's something that someone else can do in quite a bit less time. I do appreciate what you are saying though, thank you.
    Last edited by Animalnutty; 22-04-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Its certainly ok to charge a lower hourly rate the more novice you are but it should still be above the minimum wage for every hour that you work including design time, buying, stocktaking,marketing,answering customers etc.
    As you get more experienced your rate automatically goes up anyway as you get faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Totally agree with the above statements. Pricing is only made harder by not recognising your worth in terms of the skills and time you're using.
    Thank you for the advice - it's been really interesting to read other peoples thoughts on it. Like I say I've been reading through pricing formulas on here as didn't really do it formally when running my business before (very poor I know) and want to do things properly. It's been interesting and a bit of a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalnutty View Post
    Hi,
    I am excited about and lucky that people seem to like the pieces that I am making (though I can always see the room for improvement) I am going to do this one again as it's not perfect.
    I guess we all have our doubts inside... we need those people around to remind us that it's worth it.... your little design is very pretty!!!! and speed of making it even better... would take me more for sure!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    I guess we all have our doubts inside... we need those people around to remind us that it's worth it.... your little design is very pretty!!!! and speed of making it even better... would take me more for sure!!!!
    Thank you very much Yes indeed, those niggling doubts - I guess it helps you strive to do better though.

That’s really pretty x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JewelleryByMandy View Post
    That’s really pretty x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks very much