Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quirky little piece.

It's worth noting that Figaro chain has spaces large enough to accept small jump rigs, so no chain-ends needed for that one. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Its a lovely piece, I do like your designs.
    I think anything between 2 and 4 hours is perfectly fine tbh and make sure you price for the time it took you not the time it might take somebody else.
    Thank you very much Enigma I think it will probably be about 4.5 hours by the time I am finished, I asked because I was curious about times scales knowing I was a slow maker but yes, also because I do feel a little bad that I am charging for something that would take someone else much less time to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's worth noting that Figaro chain has spaces large enough to accept small jump rigs, so no chain-ends needed for that one. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. Think I prefer that one having had another look but will probably be easier to tell when I see them in reality, so will get a few samples. Karen

Charge your hourly rate regardless, don't forget its a unique design too!

It's a lovely piece.

Charge your hourly rate regardless, don't forget its a unique design too!
    Thanks, I have been told that before but struggle with the whole pricing/charging thing, like lots I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    It's a lovely piece.
    Thank you

A mate I will call (Peter)some years ago went out on his own in a mining industry consulting capacity, charged a lower rate get work, he was not getting much. Peter had lunch with a more experienced friend who told he was not charging enough, this reflected in the industry that he thought thought he was inferior. Peter upped his prices, almost immediately the work came in.
    He is now one of the top consultants in his field and commands much higher fees than most of his competition.

Its certainly ok to charge a lower hourly rate the more novice you are but it should still be above the minimum wage for every hour that you work including design time, buying, stocktaking,marketing,answering customers etc.
    As you get more experienced your rate automatically goes up anyway as you get faster.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    A mate I will call (Peter)some years ago went out on his own in a mining industry consulting capacity, charged a lower rate get work, he was not getting much. Peter had lunch with a more experienced friend who told he was not charging enough, this reflected in the industry that he thought thought he was inferior. Peter upped his prices, almost immediately the work came in.
    He is now one of the top consultants in his field and commands much higher fees than most of his competition.
    Its certainly ok to charge a lower hourly rate the more novice you are but it should still be above the minimum wage for every hour that you work including design time, buying, stocktaking,marketing,answering customers etc.
    As you get more experienced your rate automatically goes up anyway as you get faster.
    Totally agree with the above statements. Pricing is only made harder by not recognising your worth in terms of the skills and time you're using.