Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pendant motor or micromotor? Really need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I do the vast majority of my work by hand (including most drilling), but it might be helpful to add here that I have an SR and a Marathon Micromotor (couldn't afford the Foredom!). I don't think I've touched the SR in the last six months, but use the micromotor many times every day. I think part of it is to do with the sheer 'smallness' of the micromotor, which sits invitingly on my bench and has an incredibly responsive speed control.

It doesn't have the torque of the SR, but I find the need for that so occasional that it makes very little difference. I also find the micromotor much, much easier to handle as the curly cable is less clumsy than the big flexshaft. And it's much, much quieter as well - which is good for people like me that do a lot of work at pretty antisocial hours!
    Which model do you have? Is it the N3? I’m interested in the quietness of it as I work in a flat at unsociable hours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have two, but my everyday go-to is this one:

https://www.eurofindings.com/item/16120/na-tmmm3

and a fantastic price too (you need to be registered to see prices). I've had it for quite a few years now, and it still works perfectly. When it gives up the ghost (and at that price I really don't mind), I'll almost certainly go for the Handy 700 version - mainly to be able to add a second handpiece - and again, they have the best price I've seen on that too.

That’s great. Thanks so much for that. I’m going to get one now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say a big thank you for the advice on the marathon 3 micro motor. I bought the one you advised from Eurofindings and it’s great. So quiet and love the foot pedal.

When I get more into setting and would want to use the hammer hand piece I’ll upgrade but love it for all my other jobs.
    LOVE this forum. I couldn’t do without it.