Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labradorite pendant

Default Labradorite pendant

Hi all. It's been an age since I made anything but my muse jumped on my shoulder recently and I've made this piece.

My inspiration was the artwork of Margaret & Frances Macdonald of the Glasgow Four, and so it's a nod towards them and Art Nouveau styling. It wasn't my intention but it does look rather like a uterus but as the Macdonalds used feminine myths and the sacred divine as their inspiration I like to think I've done okay.

There are a couple of doinky bits, but as the construction was a bit tricky in places in terms of heat control and not melting tiny jump rings I'm still very happy with it. And I got to use up another of my little doo-dads, a balled up, hammered flat and etched bit of what was scrap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190119_221041345.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	11823 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190120_004817555.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	11824

Deb

Well that's a lovely art nouveau piece Deb and no excuses needed. What's more it beats meditation and other therapies, because you end up[ with something to wear. Dennis.

Very nice indeed is for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well that's a lovely art nouveau piece Deb and no excuses needed. What's more it beats meditation and other therapies, because you end up[ with something to wear. Dennis.
    Thank you Dennis, and it is indeed the very best meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Very nice indeed is for sale
    Thank you. I don't sell my work yet, I'm enjoying the learning process and can't decide whether to go through the necessary hoops to organise insurance and getting a hallmark. Maybe one day!

That’s a lovely piece Deb and I think the Glasgow girls would have been happy with your nod to them. They don’t get enough publicity compared to CRM

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    That’s a lovely piece Deb and I think the Glasgow girls would have been happy with your nod to them. They don’t get enough publicity compared to CRM
    Thank you, and you're right, they don't.
    Have you been watching the Victorian House of Arts and Crafts on BBC2? Someone had to make a gesso panel this week and my admiration of their work in that medium went up considerably!

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Thank you, and you're right, they don't.
    Have you been watching the Victorian House of Arts and Crafts on BBC2? Someone had to make a gesso panel this week and my admiration of their work in that medium went up considerably!
    I forgot it was on until someone mentioned it to me last night, I had meant to record it. Will try and catch up

I just watched the first one. The Ashbee was stunning. I fully understand the need to be able to hammer. I was going to do some at 1am a couple of nights ago, my OH says I can’t be heard but it echoes so much in the quiet of the house I got nervous. I almost recognised her workshop though as my first was a brick coal cellar attached to the house and it was just like that!
    Last edited by CJ57; 20-01-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Oh, whenever I see her in her shed I think, "Ooh, the damp; the rust!"

wow it's very interesting what one visit to museum can make to you!!!! Very nice and detailed design!!!!