Thread: Polished Stainless Steel Charms, Keyrings etc

Default Polished Stainless Steel Charms, Keyrings etc

Hi,

I recently brought an engraver (MPX95) and are looking to source some items to use with it.

There is not much choice of items to use on their own website so I am looking to source my own products as I have a few unique ideas.

Can anyone suggest a supplier within the UK that may supply items like this?

I have been considering having items made by a fabricator and then either polishing them or nickel plating them but this may be a costly route to start off with.

Has anyone got experience of turning brushed metal into a polished finish? Is it easy? I have seen a tumbler that Cookson sell however I am unsure how it would give an item (such as a charm) a polished finish?

Thanks

Coops

Dear Coops,
    I note that you have not had any answers, but I am not that surprised, as I am totally baffled as to why:
    1. You would buy an expensive engraver without having clear idea as to what you would use it for. After all there are plenty of charms and blanks available on line.
    2. Why you would start with satin finished items, when you can buy them ready polished.
    3. And why you are thinking about nickel plating, when there are strict rules limiting the use of nickel in this craft.
    Dennis.