Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need more hours in a day!!

Default I need more hours in a day!!

I suddenly seem to have an awful lot to do and no time to fit it in

Not having had crafting days this week hasnt helped and of course on one of my days i have to take the dragon shopping and next weds she wants me to take her to the butchers and the dentists too so god know how i will fit anything in

I only have Saturday at home this weekend and i will be running aroud after Kit that day and of course on Sunday i will be at Nic weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But my "to-do" list is growing:

Tomorrow night the chap who lives in the field next door (in a coach lol) is popping in to discuss a card he wants made by wednesday, then one of the parts delivery men ordered another pink girly card for one of his granddaughters for next week. My motherss friend is looking for a keepsake for a granddaughters wedding and so wants a personalised candle, so that needs to be discussed. Yet another baby girl card sold from the garage rack today and its looking a little thin so i need to top it up and make a stack of xmas cards (cards are almost as time consuming as jewellery for me, i take ages deciding what i like with what lol)

Then i need to do a spreadsheet for all the materials costs for the jewellery as my little book is getting a little hard to follow so i need to step it up a bit. Then i need to work out the costs on the pendant and fringe bracelet.

I havent looked at my website in weeks so i really need to rephograph everything and start working on that a bit more.

My mums birthday is approaching in October and i would like to make her a little something.

I havent even thought about the xmas competition on here!!

Then of course comes the big theing of getting into Kurts room, i think i am gonna have to try and arrange to have him here and go in and help him clear it to keep him on the job. Otherwise i cant see me getting in there this side of xmas So i want that done too which will again take time away from crafting.

There is heaps of other stuff to do apart from the normal work and household duties and i just know i am gonna start tearing out my hair cos i will be wanting to make some pretties
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Right - when you're here on Sunday make
    i) Your mums pressie or
    ii) A christmas exchange gift or
    iii) Both!

Right now that's two off your list
    tee hee
    Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

That sounds like a good idea. I know what you mean, there aren't ever enough hours in the day. I had coffee with friends this morning, which meant I had to work all evening to make up the time. Didn't finish till 10.30.

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    Right - when you're here on Sunday make
    i) Your mums pressie or
    ii) A christmas exchange gift or
    iii) Both!

Right now that's two off your list
    tee hee
    Nic x
    Lol I think you may be onto something there!!! I'll just camp out til i finish lmao

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. I know what you mean, there aren't ever enough hours in the day. I had coffee with friends this morning, which meant I had to work all evening to make up the time. Didn't finish till 10.30.
    Oh you poor thing!! I find working in the evening cos our lighting just isnt good enough. and i just cant focus
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Oh, Su',

You remind me so much of my beloved sis.......she makes fancy cakes and ends up running herself ragged for other peoples celebrations......

The thing I always end up saying to her is 'it's time to say "no"'. I know she feels uncomfortable when I say it, but then I have to point out to her that she is so nice that occasionally she needs a bitch (me) to bring some balance to her life

Maybe I could be the 'bitch' to your 'lovely' ?? (like ying & yang???)(hey - it's not all my fault.......I once did an assertiveness course.......)

love J xx

lol "no" is not a work i use very often lol.

But there is good news - the OH ffered to let me still have today off as he knows i did the banking yesterday like i would normally, and that i also did the wages and the VAT so that there is nothing outstanding so it looks like i can get a couple of cards done today at the very least - after i have dropped the dragon off at her friends of course lol
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Good to hear that you will have some 'space' 2day

btw....dragon??

J x

I thought that when I retired (last October), and went onto a one third contract, I would have loads of time to do the things I wanted to do - make jewellery, get better at lampworking, do more stained glass, try glass fusing (to mention but a few!) but I seem to have picked up all the admin bits for the course I teach on (that others should be doing) 'cos they seem to think that I now have "lots of time to do that because you're not teaching every day"!
    I get to the stage when I want to shout "THAT"S 'COS I'VE RETIRED, IT'S NOT MY JOB ANY MORE!!!" but I don't. I need will power to say NO!

Rant over - I'll get back to preparing induction material for next week's new students!

Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Good to hear that you will have some 'space' 2day

btw....dragon??

J x
    the dragon = my mother

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineflee View Post
    I thought that when I retired (last October), and went onto a one third contract, I would have loads of time to do the things I wanted to do - make jewellery, get better at lampworking, do more stained glass, try glass fusing (to mention but a few!) but I seem to have picked up all the admin bits for the course I teach on (that others should be doing) 'cos they seem to think that I now have "lots of time to do that because you're not teaching every day"!
    I get to the stage when I want to shout "THAT"S 'COS I'VE RETIRED, IT'S NOT MY JOB ANY MORE!!!" but I don't. I need will power to say NO!

Rant over - I'll get back to preparing induction material for next week's new students!

Lorraine
    I know how you feel - kinda, cos i have these days off everyone thinks i have time to do stuff for them so i end up getting very little crafting done
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    the dragon = my mother
    Ah.......nice to know that I'm not the only one who hasn't quite 'bonded' with her Mum yet

J x