Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance.. Can anyone recommend ?

Default Insurance.. Can anyone recommend ?

Im looking for recommendations for my new studio..

Its a business hub with several units of which I will have one. Ill be doing my jewellery making and also some teaching..

Boring question I know!!

Thank you

Many threads and posts on insurance already. Suggest you browse them
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Many threads and posts on insurance already. Suggest you browse them
    Thanks for the helpful suggestion. Unfortunately I can't find the relevant post about insurance that is not for a workshop at home nor can I find any recent posts given that insurance is generally ever changing. But thanks for making mw feel welcome in the forum

One option would be to discuss it with a broker directly (especially if you need something bespoke); otherwise the majority of the insurers discussed previously are, to the best of my knowledge, still offering similar policies.

Revisiting this, you will likely be paying a lot - business liability, stock, public liability, third party and a lot for allowing the public into your premises. Most insurers faint clean away at the thought of someone actually being in the building
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cpiece View Post
    Im looking for recommendations for my new studio..

Its a business hub with several units of which I will have one. Ill be doing my jewellery making and also some teaching..

Boring question I know!!

Thank you
    I'd also suggest you ask the others in the hub where they have got their insurance from, as this could prove useful.
    Jules

Thanks,, I don't know who they are yet. Its a new hub.. Guess I will have to wait and ask when the time is closer

Even if you do not insure yourself or your stuff you really must have insurance in place before a single member of the public sets foot in your premises. Otherwise you risk being bankrupted by damages if there is an accident
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Public liability is it's own separate nightmare probably very different in the Uk
    I know of a case in Queensland where a tradie injured himself inside a customers house put in a claim to his insurance company answer was no you are covered by the householders insurance, yep that's right now the insurance companies are arguing the point of who is liable. Meanwhile this bloke is going broke

Better two insurance companies arguing liability than no insurance company and losing your house, car, everything
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk