Thread: Piercing - advice help please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Piercing - advice help please.

Hi,

I have been doing piercing for some time so it's not just about practice - have put a picture of a recent piece. It's about 1.5cm x 3cm and 1mm thick. I don't know if I am using the wrong blade size (using 8/0) as getting into tiny corners, or my technique is wrong or combination or anything else. I think lighting is an issue as things are definitely worse since working in a darker room but working on sorting that with light recommendations given here.

I always need to spend quite a bit of time finishing up and not sure the best way to do that as my lines are wobbly as you can see. Have added a picture after finishing cutting and then after using emery paper and a little filing and polishing, though couldn't to much filing as there wasn't really room and obviously still room for improvement. So want to get the initial cut more accurate if possible and not sure what I am doing wrong. Sometimes I have cleaner lines than others.

I also don't know the best way to finish - I can't get into all the little areas well and don't know how to get a nice even high polish on those little crevices, can you?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Karen

Sorry, not sure why pics went side on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0425.jpg   PICT0427.jpg  
    Last edited by Animalnutty; 20-03-2019 at 11:47 AM.