Thread: Customised necklace display cards

Default Customised necklace display cards

Hi there,

I’m new here so apologies if this has been asked before / have posted in the wrong place etc but I really need a bit of advice with some packaging and this seemed like the best spot!

I make a range of necklaces that I would like to present on a cardboard necklace board and would like it to be customised. It seems like this is the sort of thing that everyone who needs it has, but for the life of me I can’t find a place to buy them and get them printed! I feel like I might be calling them the wrong thing maybe? It’s driving me mad. Until now I have recycled the inside of picture mounts but I have some craft fairs coming up over the next few months and would like it to look a bit more professional. Until now the only things I can find are on Etsy and while I am more than happy to get them from there they don’t offer very inspiring previews of the quality of work.

Could anyone recommend someone that they use or tell me the correct terminology to search for. I feel like it’s a pretty standard thing to need so you might have a little laugh at me but it really is the cornerstone to the rest of my packaging. Ideally it would be great to be able to get boxes from the same place - but I feel like that’s a pipe dream at this point!

Thank you

There's a huge range out there, but have a look at Noble packaging or Potters packaging. They have neck displays, plus other ideas for displaying jewellery of all types, plus they can be customised with your logo etc.

Hope that helps.
    Jules

You don't say whether you are in the UK, but what you need is necklace display stands. Here is another company, that will supply boxes as well. Sometimes it is convenient to have labels printed, so that you can use products from various sources:https://www.morplan.com/shop/en/morplan/necklace-stands
    Dennis.

Hi Petal and Dennis,

Thank you for your replies - Dennis I think (this may be my problem) I am trying to explain something else. I am talking about the board in terms of the packaging for the necklace. I have attached an image of the kind of thing I mean that I found online if that helps my poor description - I live in the uk by the way.

Petal I have looked at both Nobel and Potters and given them a call, potters can do it for some of their boxes but not stand alone and it would mean getting a different bloc created to the one for the boxes, which is a bit beyond my price bracket I think.

If someone could direct me in the correct wording to google for the picture attached that would be amazing!

Thanks again

Laurie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 49A3D5DD-1071-4A44-8DE7-2F5D764F8D51.jpg  

Having difficulty seeing your thumbnail but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them. I only use Perspex display stands and then they are boxed on sale. Have you thought about making your own?

Photo is very small although I think I know what you are looking for by far the simplest and cheapest way would be to print them as you need them on a home printer
    if you are concerned about durability you could then laminate them.
    The other alternative as you have discovered is to have them printed at a short run printer. This applies in Australia so I may be way off re UK
    Printers in Australia are disappearing at a astonishing rate pretty much all of the TAFE colleges have closed their printing sections printing is joining the growing list of lost trades

Hi Caroline and China,

Thank you for your responses and sorry the thumbnail isn’t very big!

China I have contacted a normal (none jewellery packaging) printers that a friend uses for her candle company and they have been very helpful so I think this is going to be the best bet.

Thanks everyone for you input

I used to print my business cards on heavily embossed watercolour paper and it worked well. It’s amazing what you can achieve yourself and save money

Default Locket Necklace stand from With You Lockets

Hi Laurie,

I would suggest you should check out the displays which we make on our own for the necklace with the stamp of the company and that looks really cool.

We are a locket company where our every piece has a photo and story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.46.04 AM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	11908

Let us know if you want to know how to make them or we can help you make them too.

Best,
    With You Lockets

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieMcC View Post
    Hi Petal and Dennis,

Thank you for your replies - Dennis I think (this may be my problem) I am trying to explain something else. I am talking about the board in terms of the packaging for the necklace. I have attached an image of the kind of thing I mean that I found online if that helps my poor description - I live in the uk by the way.

Petal I have looked at both Nobel and Potters and given them a call, potters can do it for some of their boxes but not stand alone and it would mean getting a different bloc created to the one for the boxes, which is a bit beyond my price bracket I think.

If someone could direct me in the correct wording to google for the picture attached that would be amazing!

Thanks again

Laurie