Thread: Dentist

Default Dentist

Over the last week i have had a tooth issue culminating in today having the said tooth surgically removed don't believe what any body tells you
    Dentists are evil beings sent earth to test us

lol but they do have nice rotary driils though !!

Oh dear I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. The tooth just did not want to come out, the dentist had to almost climb on top of me to get a grip on it! I now have to get an implant that's going to cost £2000! When I think of the jewellery equipment I could buy with that makes me want to cry

Quote Originally Posted by angmc View Post
    Oh dear I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. The tooth just did not want to come out, the dentist had to almost climb on top of me to get a grip on it! I now have to get an implant that's going to cost £2000! When I think of the jewellery equipment I could buy with that makes me want to cry
    You don't 'have' to get an implant - a bridge or denture will work just as well and cost a great deal less, especially if it's not in a particularly visible place.

I'd add that all the dentists I know (including many members of my own family) are lovely people - it has to be one of the most maligned professions for all the wrong reasons

Well actually I do have to have an implant. A bridge isn't possible as I have crowns either side and I've got a temp 1 tooth denture in at the moment and I can't eat or speak properly with it so definitely not a long term solution. The tooth was a top, side canine and very visible unfortunately.

Actually my dentist is lovely too I just wasn't too keen on him 2 weeks ago when he was yanking my tooth out

Not wanting to contradict any advice you've had, but crowns either side should provide the perfect basis for a bridge, which would involve crowning those teeth anyway. What a tiresome place to lose a tooth though.

I have to admit the surgeon who actually performed the extraction was very good, however the previous Dentist who attempted to do the work was incompetent and I was left in a worse situation than when he started,
    after a hour of floundering about he gave up and said he could not do it. and then had the gall to give me a bill

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I have to admit the surgeon who actually performed the extraction was very good, however the previous Dentist who attempted to do the work was incompetent and I was left in a worse situation than when he started,
    after a hour of floundering about he gave up and said he could not do it. and then had the gall to give me a bill
    That sounds awful. Could you not contest the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Not wanting to contradict any advice you've had, but crowns either side should provide the perfect basis for a bridge, which would involve crowning those teeth anyway. What a tiresome place to lose a tooth though.
    Well that's what I was told. Maybe the they're just not strong enough to support a bridge. I know, if it was any further back I'd probably just leave it.