Thread: so, here goes...

Default so, here goes...

or not. can't attach the file.

You have enough posts, so perhaps you are not doing it right. Make sure your file does not exceed say 800K bites.
    Go advanced and use the paperclip just as you would for email. In this mode you can preview your post to check it. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 28-02-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Default thanks dennis, fingers crossed

hmmm. still not getting it right. let me try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190217_121216_resized_20190228_073731616.jpg  

ha! got it. so, I was inspired by a bit of tree bark I found on the sidewalk. I used fingers, fingernails, a small knife to get the shape right. cheated, and used a premade bail. but i did my own settings for the first time ever. (took me I don't know how long....) the stones are vintage rhinestones that have been collecting dust for decades in my mom's jewelry box.
    I used PMC 3, which I've never tried before, and then torched it for about 5 minutes with propane, I turned it over about half way through as I was afraid of melting the prongs.

I'm teaching myself, so it's all very experimental. the library has books that are helpful, apart from that, it's sort of trial and error.

You're reinventing it for yourself. It definitely looks like bark and the little claws go well with it. I like it. Dennis.

I really like it too

That's great, I love the shape and texture. I've a little bit of PMC but haven't gotten around to (actually, not been brave enough) playing with it yet.

I really like it, great texturing and the stone settings go well
    Tess

Looks so adorable, love it so much