Thread: hello poking my nose in once again

Default hello poking my nose in once again

hello, I'm Carolyn in Canada. I sort of prowled around on this forum quite some time ago, (i year? 2 years? have no idea), and then got kind of busy. at 61, I decided to go back to school. God only knows what possessed me, but i'm now a paralegal student. I have NO office experience what so ever, don't even know how to run a copier, but I'm learning. it's all statutes, regulations, and paperwork.

oddly enough, I'm quite enjoying it. I've been an outdoors sort of person my whole life, so it's a complete change.

anyway. i've been fooling around with PMC, I work at my kitchen table with limited tools and budget.
    (so far, I've managed not to burn the place down, or asphyxiate myself. I do take precautions.)

anyway. I will post my one piece I've made in the last several months in the "show off your work here" forum.

I'm saving my pennies for a kiln, so I'll be looking up advice.

it's fun to be back.

cj

Hi Carolyn welcome back. I’m not sure how many of us have clay skills, most of us are makers so people working with clay may have moved on to bespoke forums where they get better help. Questions do come up occasionally but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of feedback but you never know ,
    You’ve definitely taken a different direction in life, challengin* but exciting at the same time I hope

Hi Carolyn, nice to meet you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing what you've been making once the upload issues are sorted! I've been curious to try metal clay but haven't done so yet

thanks! it seems a bit quieter here than before, but that can be a good thing.

i'll see if I can download a pic. i'm just enjoying finding sparks of creativity, whenever I find the time.

I think a lot of people have moved to the FB forums