Thread: Rock, Gem 'n' Bead Show Kempton Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rock, Gem 'n' Bead Show Kempton Park

I'm thinking of going to the Rock, Gem 'n' Bead Show for the first time in March
    Until now I've only ever bought stones online. Would you recommend the show? Any tips for a first timer?

Any info much appreciated!

Tess

First thing I would find out how many sellers and who - then you can check their websites.
    If there's only one person selling what you are looking for you might be better going to them direct
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

It's a long time since I have been to Kempton Park. It was one of the better shows, but even at the time, the number of gemstone sellers was reducing in favour of rocks, fossils, tumbled stones and made up imported jewellery.
    So as Wendy has said, you must browse the exhibitor list and decide whether it is really worth the journey.
    Added to that it is out in the sticks and best approached by car. Outside the racing season, there are no trains to the nearest station and you might be in for a wet and lonely walk. Dennis.

Pearlescent and Dennis, thank you both for the advice. I will have a look at the exhibitors list and decide whether it's worth going.

Of course, if you want to do some serious buying you need to go to one of the big shows, such as Tucson or Hong Kong.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I have been having a look at Tucson on youtube in the last week looks like a very big concern one day maybe I will get there