Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock, Gem 'n' Bead Show Kempton Park

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    You might be surprised at how cheap flights to HK are, and you can get very cheap accommodation also. If anyone ever does want a guide, do let me know. I spend all five days in just the pearl hall and there are 15 halls. It is that big

Ooh that does sound amazing!

It's amazingly amazing...intense and hard work too.
    I might even venture into the diamond hall next week..I have a yen for some pink diamonds. Imagine about 150 sellers, every single one with stalls of diamonds...
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Is that "a yen" or "some yen", Argyle Pink Diamonds are going to be a rather good investment if you you can obtain some ( lots and lots of money ) the mine is closing most likely next year and that will be the
    end of Argyle pink Diamonds and they will just increase in value.

I have USD, GBP. HKD,RMD,TBT for them. By the end of the trip I will be fluent in many currencies
    I know nothing about diamonds, never mind pink ones. Is there only the one mine then? Where and why closing?
    Last edited by pearlescence; 18-02-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Argyle Diamond mine in the Kimberley region of Western Australia is the largest supplier of coloured diamonds in the world, Argyle pink Diamonds are world renowned considered to be the best quality Pink Diamonds you can get, the top quality pieces are sold to dealers by tender only once per year. ( 50 or 60 pieces ) What they refer to as a 1PP grade 1 purplish pink sell around a million dollars a carat, of course there are much lower grades that still look stunning and can be had for much less.
    The mine is closing simply because the economic yield rate, is no longer meeting the target, in other worlds they are longer finding enough to make it viable, Rio Tinto have other sites they are exploring but so far nothing has come up the Argyle mine.

Thanks for the info, China. Much appreciated. I'm not in that price/quality set! I'll report back in due course
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I always go tho their shows (when I can ofc) I love it, but tend to spend too much money! although I do enjoy talking to people! very friendly and kids love it too!