Thread: Samuel Findings

Default Samuel Findings

Hi,

Just asking is Samuel Findings a good business to deal with

Well they have a show room in one of the cross streets off Hatton Garden and have been there for many years. They appear to be under Indian ownership and I have occasionally been in to look for chain, which is their speciality. That said I have not bought anything, as ultimately the choice for me was no better than Cookson, or Bellore Rashbel who have a different range. Dennis.

Thanks for that, the reason being is they appear to be the only place on the planet that stock red/rose gold solder, having said that I will attempt to make my own, ( nice to have a back up plan ) in saying that again
    if all goes to plan I will not need any rose gold solder, I have tweaked the design so that the gold will not need soldering

You can get all possible solders on eBay
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Dennis, the single blog entry on the website says they are going online only from before Christmas. Although elsewhere on the website the Hatton Garden address is unchanged.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Maybe I am getting paranoid although I only use eBay at a last resort, you never know what you are really buying

You can get red gold solder from cooskons , the 9ct isn't very red but Im told the 18ct is.
    I just use yellow and go for tight joins tbh.

[QUOTE=china;103488]Maybe I am getting paranoid although I only use eBay at a last resort, you never know what you are really buying[/
    I wouldn’t be buying anything likely to need a hallmark on ebay either Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    You can get red gold solder from cooskons , the 9ct isn't very red but Im told the 18ct is.
    I just use yellow and go for tight joins tbh.
    funny enough reading this yes this is an answer to my guesses... had 9ct gold solder and it does look so yellow on rose gold metal. although I have not reached polishing stage with my little project but I see difference for sure!