Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B__x_t Question....Really Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I’m like Wendy hoping it’ll never happen but feeling quite despondent now especially as Scotland didn’t want to leave.
    We came over to Scotland last summer, wild camping with a roof tent ontop of our Land Rover. I had forgotten how fantastic Scotland is, amazing new roads, wonderful new forests. If I ever come back to UK it will be to Scotland.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    You are in Portugal right Sarah? If I am correct, I think you mostly sell outside of the UK or EU, so the process will be mostly unchanged maybe you will have to account for more time at border control, I really don't know. Our guys are really ready and prepared. Happy I now have Dual Nat, so I have been focusing more on cross border sales to potentially replace my trading to the UK. The paperwork is a simpler affair for my small business. I personally don't tend to purchase any supplies from the UK anymore, but if you need help with making purchases from any of my suppliers I am happy to help.

We have been abandoned by our Embassy, but have you had any contact with your Embassy?
    Hi Les

Yes Im in Portugal, where are you? Yes please to suppliers outside the UK, that would be much appreciated.
    I buy everything from the UK currently as Portugal is awful for trying to find anything especially online.
    My sales are around 50/50 UK/US with a very small number outside of those.
    I have a meeting with my accountant scheduled for March to try and figure out what needs to be done re VAT etc but really my biggest issue will be my US and UK customers getting their horse hair to me without going through Portuguese customs as that would literally ruin my business.

The president here is being very good, the UK and Portugal have a treaty long preceding the EU so I think things will be ok for UK nationals.
    However that will obviously depend how the UK treats the Portuguese living there.
    I think the main issue if there is one will be healthcare but I pay social charges here so should be ok I think.
    Ive read a suggestion that healthcare for pensioners may not be covered and they may have to return to the UK for treatment which would be ridiculous given that it is cheaper for the UK to pay Spain etc for it anyway.
    The whole thing is a **** show.

We came over to Scotland last summer, wild camping with a roof tent ontop of our Land Rover. I had forgotten how fantastic Scotland is, amazing new roads, wonderful new forests. If I ever come back to UK it will be to Scotland.
    How do you put up new forests Les?

Will PM you Sarah
    Poor old Les

Google 'the heart of england forest' Caroline
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    How do you put up new forests Les?
    Missed your question, sorry...Haa I saw at least 2 newly planted forested areas, camped on the edge of one, pledged to return in 20 yrs to see how it has developed.
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Google 'the heart of england forest' Caroline
    Yes I know about tree planting I worked on conservation for 10 years but new forests take decades to grow. I know up the road that even the trees for harvesting take 20 to 30 years and we planted oaks and other hardwoods that I’m never going to see matured.Scotland has a lot of trees, Perthshire is my favourite

Missed your question, sorry...Haa I saw at least 2 newly planted forested areas, camped on the edge of one, pledged to return in 20 yrs to see how it has developed.
    Och no Les they are just conifers, you want to get up to the ancient forest left up north. The forestry commission decimate the landscape once they’ve cut them down. I take issue with the mess they leave after the machines move out and it’s just areas of branches and litter everywhere. The borders have a huge industry going on down there. Might not be the same after the B word as I’m sure it goes to Europe