Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pendant and ring

Default Pendant and ring

Hi all.

Couple more things from me - another pendant, this time with a piece of green labradorite that came off of a larger piece I was playing with last weekend. Using a diamond wheel in my flexshaft I had a go at cutting some pieces up. This little piece came off so I smoothed up the sides and decided to use in in this pendant. As usual my photography is terrible so you can't really see where I've added some gold plating to the top of the bezel and to the edges of the reticulated/fused drop (although I hadn't done that yet in the daylight photo). I like this though, and it's still within my theme of using the shapes used by the Mcdonald sisters and the stone's got a lovely flash to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_151351728.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	11844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_184826482.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	11843

The ring was a piece of etched sheet, bit of doming, attached to an etched band. I played with platinol but didn't like how it looked, too brown for my liking so got rid of as much as I could with emery papers, and added a bit of gold plating to the nuggets. I left the platinol on the band and sanded back the high spots and then ran the plating pen over it. I'm not so fond of the ring but it was a good experiment and I will do something similar but tweak it a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_192721137.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	11845 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_192742192.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	11846

As always, thanks for looking
    Deb

Hi Deb, you're obviously having fun. The necklace is is attractive in its art nouveau style. The ring is fun, but might just cause a delay at he airport check in. Dennis

You can see you enjoy what you are doing that is why it works so well

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hi Deb, you're obviously having fun. The necklace is is attractive in its art nouveau style. The ring is fun, but might just cause a delay at he airport check in. Dennis
    Thanks Dennis, I shall be adding experiments with dandruff shampoo into my arsenal once I get hold of a bottle. I'll remember to keep my wits about me at airports.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    You can see you enjoy what you are doing that is why it works so well
    Thanks Bob, I really am enjoying myself with these pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Really love that pendant, great design.
    Thank you Sarah. Tricky to get everything even when I'm simultaneously aiming to have everything not quite exact. A

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Thank you Sarah. Tricky to get everything even when I'm simultaneously aiming to have everything not quite exact. A
    it's what one of my tutors called 'pleasing irreguality'

They both look great! Sorry to ask stupid questions, but why would the ring be a problem through airports...?

-V xx

They dont like anything that might be used as a weapon.

I think the pendant is potentially more dangerous than the ring. I'll remember that when I'm jet setting around the world