Thread: Rick and Morty Plumbus pendant, aka my first finished wax carving :)

Default Rick and Morty Plumbus pendant, aka my first finished wax carving :)

Hi guys!

The pendant I briefly mentioned in my intro is back from the casters. Thought I'd share as promised

So, I have included a pic of the item I was modelling my piece on, and for those who dont recognise it; it is a fictional object from a cartoon called Rick and Morty. In said cartoon, it is never explained what it is used for, but every household has one, lol. So, here we go.... be gentle lol:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1548808884760_20190130004405345.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	11848

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190205_213249_316.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	11849

Lots of room for improvement, but not a bad start I thought!

-V xx

I suppose it is to appease the Gods of jewellery making. So, well done, you've succeeded. Dennis.

Erm... I dont understand your comment Dennis... I have a condition that basically means some days I struggle with words, meanings and subtlety, please could you rephrase so I might understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Vawny View Post
    In said cartoon, it is never explained what it is used for, but every household has one, lol. :
    Not to worry,V. Forums are notorious for misunderstandings and I'm forever upsetting someone.
    My guess was that the pendant represented the gods of jewellery making, and were looking kindly on you. Well done, Dennis.

That's certainly not the worst suggestion for what a plumbus is. And yes, I recognised it

Ahhh, sorry for the misunderstanding Dennis, I'm so easily confused, lol. Thank you for both your kind comments and explaining them to me... I feel like such an idiot on days my brain refuses to co operate!!

Thank you too Peter... I'm curious if the casters recognised it or not, but were kind enough not to say "what the hell is that" lol. They're probably discouraged to comment on anyone's work I reckon.

Really enjoying wax carving, started another piece, hopefully this one will be a bit neater! Playing with purple and green wax now

-V xx

Did the schlomi rub it, then spit on it? Only way it's a true plumbus. Haha, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by ByHandAndEarth View Post
    Did the schlomi rub it, then spit on it? Only way it's a true plumbus. Haha, good job!
    Ha ha ha... no just a poor replica! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Not to worry,V. Forums are notorious for misunderstandings and I'm forever upsetting someone.
    My guess was that the pendant represented the gods of jewellery making, and were looking kindly on you. Well done, Dennis.
    I didn’t understand you either Dennis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk