Thread: Gold plated extender chain.

Default Gold plated extender chain.

I just discovered that the links of the extender chain I recently bought from ebay aren't even soldered together! Can someone recommend a chain I can use. They appear to be sold in groups of precut lengths. I just want the chain to cut to whatever length I need.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Thank you. However this doesn't help.

I would google gold plated chain and see what comes up. We would mostly buy solid silver or gold from a reputable company such as Cookson to avoid the problems you’ve encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I would google gold plated chain and see what comes up. We would mostly buy solid silver or gold from a reputable company such as Cookson to avoid the problems you’ve encountered.
    Thanks for the advice. I can't use silver and solid gold would be totally overkill. It must be gold plated or something similar in color which would last a reasonable amount of time. I'm aware on the surface this question appears a little lazy on my side however I have been looking on and off for a considerable amount of time. The search continues. Thanks.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=CJ57;103348]I think there might be a few options to look at in this page

Thanks. I finally found a company in Turkey.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

Be aware, if buying from Turkey, that the product may not comply with EU law on nickel/lead etc content. While these laws may cease to apply in a couple of months, they will still apply if you want to sell to EU countries (you won't be able to
    Unless you are making something very cheaply en masse why not consider gold plated silver?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Be aware, if buying from Turkey, that the product may not comply with EU law on nickel/lead etc content. While these laws may cease to apply in a couple of months, they will still apply if you want to sell to EU countries (you won't be able to
    Unless you are making something very cheaply en masse why not consider gold plated silver?
    This is a very good point I hadn't even considered. I will have a look for vermeil chain to see if my budget allows. Thanks for the heads-up!