Thread: I'm going to need more fingers...

Default I'm going to need more fingers...

...or longer fingers as the ones where the bands are etched are stackers and I've already got about six that I can mix and match with.

I've been wanting to try a domed setting for a while, and as usual procrastinated my way out of doing things for far too long. On Sunday I finally bit the bullet and had a go and I'm happy to say I didn't mess it up. The keshi pearl is a bead and IRL you can still see one of the holes as I didn't manage to push the fine silver up enough to cover it. But you really have to look to see it so I'm just happy with my new ring. And I'll definitely be playing with this style of setting again.

The etching was done with my favourite technique of using nail varnish and nail art plates, and the moon shape is the last of my bits of scrap melted and bashed with a hammer. This one was almost moon shaped so I persuaded it into shape with bits from my cheapo flex shaft (the orange and blue ones) and it now sits quite nicely alongside a large ring I had made for me about 20 years ago that no other ring has looked well next to.

Everything has had a coat of gold plating but the combination of indoor lighting and my terrible phone photography doesn't really show it up. The beauty of that though is that I can add more and buff it off the high spots when needed.

I think that I'm getting into the groove of my "style" - a friend has described it as, "the grave goods of a woman of high rank", which I quite like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190121_165232834.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	11827 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190121_165342336.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	11828

Very nice!
    Love that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Very nice!
    Love that effect.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    I think that I'm getting into the groove of my "style" - a friend has described it as, "the grave goods of a woman of high rank", which I quite like.
    Quite an apt description, given the air of gravitas, but I hope you will have many years of making before you cross to the other side. Dennis.

So do I Dennis, so do I

Lovely designs. I like the etching too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Mandy.

Hi Deb, think you're developing a very unique style and they look great

Quote Originally Posted by TDA20 View Post
    Hi Deb, think you're developing a very unique style and they look great
    Thank you, now that I feel I have some headspace for metal work again it's been good to get back to it.