Thread: Ethically sourced silver chain in Europe?

Default Ethically sourced silver chain in Europe?

I make silver jewellery and try to keep to ethically sourced silver. Usually, I use Argentium silver and eco (recycled) 999 silver. I have problems trying to source chains in Europe though. Cooks doesn't carry eco chain and I have a supplier in Sweden who charges a tonne and more for Argentium chain. There's an American site where I can by Argentium but I don't produce enough to make the shipping cost worth it. If anyone knows a eco/fairtrade/argentium chain supplier in Europe, I'm interested.

I'm pretty sure Allied Gold have argentium chain, but my login doesn't seem to be working today!

You could make your own, offer this as the 'expensive' option with a waxed cotton/silk cord alternative (using eco/argentium findings).

Thanks, I'll check out Allied Gold!

You will find Argentium chain here: https://www.argentiumguild.com/chains. Dennis.

Watch USA sites. They do not always comply with EU law on stuff like Nickel
    Even if we do leave in March failure to comply with the metal content rules will mean you will not be able to sell to the EU
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

In my experience the RioGrande in the USA have about the best stock of Argentium I can no longer purchase from because they will not sell to non business owners in Australia
    I have to buy from Allied Gold unfortunately their website is rubbish and most of the items they sell are not on the website, you have to contact them and inquire if they have what you want
    then make a order

My link above lists some of the suppliers. Here it is again https://www.argentiumguild.com/artisan-supplies.