Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with the predicament I have found myself in. I recently created a ring in 9ct rose gold, the band was thin and fell below the hallmarking Requirement so I did not feel the need to get it done. The customer who purchased the ring ordered the wrong size so took the ring to their local jewellers for resizing.

The jewellers looked at the ring and saw no hallmarking so automatically claimed it was copper. The customer naturally being distraught contacted me to tell me of the claim. I was shocked I purchased the wire from cooksongold so had nothing to worry about and asked the customer to get the ring tested. So the customer got the ring tested and to my absolute surprise the company who is a reputable company established for a very long time wrote a formal letter saying the ring did In fact test as copper.

I honestly can not believe this. Like I said I have only ever purchased my wire from cooksongold, I even have proof of purchase from cooksongold.

I have asked the customer to send the ring back so that I can get it tested but I want to know can 9ct red gold test as copper?