Thread: It followed me home

Default It followed me home

This lovely little item followed me home and I took pity on it and gave somewhere to live,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010315.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	11814

wow that is a proper pillar drill isn't it ;-) nice... heard the all one cast case drills are most expensive... enjoy it!

Yes it is very nice I can not find any information about it the motor was made in Australia, the best part is it cost me nothing and it works
    local university was having a clean out in the research and development department, they were going to toss it out, luckily my mate who works there
    grabbed it for me

The things they chuck out and the equipment they have now. A friend just retired from the art dept at a High School and she was telling me about work her students had been doing. Oh they had this and that laser cut, oh I could have had Perspex laser cut for you! Since when, we had repeating patterns and a bi5 of screen printing if we were lucky. Laser cutting machine and technicians in art depts??

That's a proper pillar drill (if you don't have long hair). Doers it have a choice of collets, or can you find a 3-jaw chuck for it? Dennis.

Dennis it came with one collect I am investigating if others a available, three jaw chuck from a Fordom hand piece should not be too hard to adapt, it may get a set
    of new clothes as well not too fond of the dark blue.
    I have contacted the Australian horological society in the hope that one of the members may know something about it,

A update for those who are interested, I began to clean up up the table on the little drill press and it revealed what I thought was years of little dings etc. however having a closer inspection it the remnants of a hand scraping pattern
    this is indeed hi precision little beast, I spoke to my friend who is a old school watchmaker, he said most of this type of machine ( a watchmakers sensitive drill press ) only came with one collet, same as jewellers drills one shank size with different cutting sizes very often spade type bits and in the same sentence how much do I want for it I politely said it is not for sale, He has emailed twice tying to get me to sell it to him.

wow.... patting your shoulder... good find!!!