Thread: Azurite with Malachite and Bronze.

Default Azurite with Malachite and Bronze.

This is the last of my stones from Designer Cabochons. I do like a bit of bling.

The set has my usual treatment, except for the battlement bezels, which were notched before shaping, using Cookson solder cutting pliers. The ends were then matched up, soldered and the bezel stretched to fit.

Apart from providing a design feature, setting was very much easier and was done with a bamboo chop stick after tumbling. This left no marks to clean up.
    Ha- I finally found a use for those pliers, which are otherwise a bit of a waste of time.

Designer Cabochons did not offer anything suitable for ear studs, so I bought an oval stone, reduced the thickness by grinding the back and cut it in half with a disk. A bit of an odd shape, but hopefully passable.

Materials: Argentium Silver, except for the Prince of Wales rope chain which is sterling.
    Diameter of pendant 30mm, Length of chain 700mm. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amb1 Azurite, Malachite and Bromze.jpg  

Should have given me a shout Dennis , I have a load of Azurite / Malachite I could have cut you some Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46510351_10156518100760781_649410879200165888_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	11809

Not only did you turn some nice stuff you invented a use for useless solder cutting pliers

Thank you Bob.
    Thank you J. Next time Perhaps.

beautiful ones Dennis TX for sharing! I have a Q on the stone do you have idea if it's artificial compilation of stones? eg. how they produce it? I have similar Lapis Lazuli stones on my necklace and was always wondering abt how they were made natural or man made?

Too many ways to list one of the most common procedures is to arrange the stone chips/pieces/chunks into a pool of casting resin or CA glue and when cured cut and polish, then you have CZ's which a grown from scratch in a laboratory
    most Lapis lazuli is natural although it can look as though it is not

Thank you Anna. As I understand it they come like that and are mined in the USA. Designer Cabochons have lots of imported material, some natural and some artificial.
    Their stones are rather heavy and the cutting is not very imaginative, but they are modestly priced. Dennis.

http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/V...0Cabochons.htm

ok Thank you guys! very interesting.....

Both the lapis and the Malachite /Azurite on this page have been made up with Reconstituted materials sorry to say http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/V...0Cabochons.htm