Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i think i need a trip to the opticians

Default i think i need a trip to the opticians

I have been making beads to go with some of the lampwork i bought and this is the first on of many, i thought i had got it to quite a decent finish till i photographed it and cropped it and all the solder splodges appeared and one piece of granulation upside down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1001.jpg  

i just had my glasses changed too - it has helped a lot but i think i could really do with a major tabletop magnifier
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I had laser eye treatment in Feb, with brilliant results, the downside ........I have found out that because I am getting old I need to get some glasses for close up work in artificial light!!

Lisa x

aww thats not what they say in the brochure
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Oh no girls.....don't you go down that track..... I wear glasses and a magnifying visor with 2 lenses to do my work...mainly because I cant see!! It is a terrific shock when I take them off and see how small the chains I am making actually are to the human eye. Then - like you Jo - I take a photo with all the optical and digital zoom gizmos and all the mistakes are huge!! And I start thinking - "I can't sell that !!" But the fact of the matter is that humans do not have magnification capabilities in their eyes....the general public are not going to know there is a mistake and they are not going to be able to see it anyway!! If you didn't spot it with your glasses on then that is good enough!! Wonderful though technology is...it is persuading us that the world is viewed through a zoomed lens! It's not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Oh no girls.....don't you go down that track..... I wear glasses and a magnifying visor with 2 lenses to do my work...mainly because I cant see!! It is a terrific shock when I take them off and see how small the chains I am making actually are to the human eye. Then - like you Jo - I take a photo with all the optical and digital zoom gizmos and all the mistakes are huge!! And I start thinking - "I can't sell that !!" But the fact of the matter is that humans do not have magnification capabilities in their eyes....the general public are not going to know there is a mistake and they are not going to be able to see it anyway!! If you didn't spot it with your glasses on then that is good enough!! Wonderful though technology is...it is persuading us that the world is viewed through a zoomed lens! It's not!!!
    Lmao thats very true - i guess thats our perfectionism coming out again
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Oh dear, I haven't been to the opticians since I started making jewellery last year. I'm short sighted and wear glasses but now find, when doing really close work, that I do that peering over the top of the specs thing.
    Most alluring!

Me three! I really must get some of those magnifying specs that Bee talks about. I did have my specs upgraded about four weeks ago but I still can't see well enough for the tiny stuff. Then you take a pic and the wrapping is all over the show and bits of wire are sticking out. Euch!
    Di x

I vote we all go back to the box Brownie!!

The bead looks fabulous.

I got some great strong close up glasses for jewellery. They're stronger than my readers and have an optimal viewing distance of about 8-10". They're deep half glasses, so I can see over them to see people and the TV etc, but peering down, I don't look underneath them. They've been fabulous.

When I look at photos of pieces, that are viewed rather larger than the piece will be seen in person, if I see 'marks' that you can't see with the naked eye, I do retouch them out. I think it's fair game if you can't actually see them through normal viewing.