Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: i think i need a trip to the opticians

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    So you can get buckets of fat balls now then?
    Apparently!
    I think it adds a little intrigue to say you have taken your amazing photographs with the help of a fat ball bucket!! ..it amuses me anyhow! I'm easily pleased!!

I've just come back from a car boot sale with a 150 quid magnifying lamp for thirty quid! As new being sold by a beautician so it has a lovely long arm, 3 to 5 times magnification and daylight bulb. We went to see if we could get some camera parts for the OH's new business idea
    Nice one!!

I came home from our car boot sale with a screwdriver (50p) and one of those mini Ikea 20w halogen desklamps that articulates in numerous places...also 50p!! The screwdriver is OK as a screwdriver but the shank is a lovely crisp 6mm square... so it will make a great mandrel for square jumprings!! I'll be making some square chains next week! And I'm hoping the lamp will be good enough to go with the fat ball bucket! If not it is still a darned good bargain!

OOO OOOO look what I've just done!! I've split the quote!! HTML programming here I come!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Brilliant mandrel - even my OH cracked a grin at that one!
    Di x

Are you going raking through his tool box now!!?? My larger square mandrel is the bar that goes through the door between door handles!! My mother taught me to 'make do and mend'!!

wise and frugal too, eh? All his screwdrivers are bloody round. He's not totally happy about this development because he thought that, with number one son moving out, he'd get his tools to himself again.

Di x

Poor man!! I must say that this one is far better than anything we actually use to screw screws in!! ...but my dearly beloved is not getting his hands on this baby... It's MINE!!!!!

Excellent idea about the thing that goes through the door handles B! We will be replacing a few down stairs when we finish decorating the hallway...