Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: i think i need a trip to the opticians

Thanks. I think.

Whilst I use a DSLR in my day job and for pleasure, I use a hundred quid point and shoot for my jewellery photos - it's just a more sensible tool for the job - it gives me a really good working perspective - as you can perhaps surmise from the tutorial photos, I don't have much space - so the point and squirt camera does much better in a confined space - I can use super macro mode from an inch or so away from the piece.

For the lighting levels and perspective, I get a much better depth of field from the smaller sensor of a digicam, so it's just the better and more practical tool for the job. But it took me many, many months of trial and error and frustration before I decided that. Hence writing the tutorials - there's one associated on taking the photos too - to hopefully save someone else from my frustration.

Taking photographs of hand made products to sell on-line

My blog with various photography articles too: Boo's Jewellery

You are so generous with your knowledge..It is all very much appreciated!! ...you don't have a tutorial for manufacturing a bit of extra time in the day to read it all do you??

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    You are so generous with your knowledge..It is all very much appreciated!! ...you don't have a tutorial for manufacturing a bit of extra time in the day to read it all do you??
    LOL - Barbara, I keep thinking I really shouldn't be checking the forum from work or I'll get nothing done today!
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Yep, need that spell that hermione uses in Harry Potter so that she can do twice as many classes in a day.

I had my eyes lasered 2 years ago. It doesn't alway correct to perfection and I like to wear glasses when driving in dim light conditions and definately at night, as I am about -0.75 in each eye now (from -5.75). I had astigmatism aswell. The most amazing thing is waking up in the morning and being able to see straight away - I don't think I'll ever get over that!

I don't think I need a magnifier yet . Don't forget Jo, that the pic of the bead yo have posted is probably about four times the real life size? Just imagine what anything looks like magnified 4 times

Anyway, you have spurred me on to take a new look at bead making, as I love making lentil beads (from sheet silver), but haven't done any decoration on any yet - are they sheet silver rather than PMC?

Hi Nicci they are sheet silver, i have repolished it now and its on here now so no going back

mmm where can i post it know lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1025.jpg  

That looks fabulous, really compliments the glass beads and adds a lovely bright accent in the middle of them.

That looks great Jo, finished beautifully
    Lucinda

Beautiful, Jo.
    Di x

That is gorgeous! Well done