had rather a good ring to it I thought 'propriety and sobriety'
    wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too posh for my poor ickle braincell
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I had my eyes lasered about 3 years ago and I had astigmatism. My distance vision is perfect but I do need help for close work. I wear glasses and a visor.

This is the style I use. I have 2 sets. One in the 'studio' (shed) and one in my upstairs pmc 'workroom' (cupboard) - although they have a slightly different light design (which I never use anyway) and different names on the band. I know you can get them with a sort of strip shaped magnifier that hinges up and down rather than have the whole visor thing move - so that might be more lightweight but I think I prefer the larger lenses and the fact that you can put 2 sets of lens in if you want to alter the magnification. The band is adjustable - suitable for enormous heads like mine....right down to child size!

If you look a prat in a cap - then you will look like a magnified prat in these!! So don't forget you have them on when you answer the door to someone!! It also plays havoc with your hair if you wear it for a long time...you go flat on top with a ridge that runs round!!

They do take a bit of getting used to...and you develop a bit of a Quasimodo leer trying to see round the lenses ( you quickly tire of constantly flicking the visor up!!) Other than that...they are without doubt my most important bit of kit!!

My most recent set I got at Maplins (19.99) - but I got mine half price...so I was pleased with that! but I've spotted they do them in Hobbycraft (14.99)...I've noticed a few of you go there. (How long have they had a mail order set up??!!) And they are on the Wilkinsons site - but I don't know if that is just mailorder or if they are in the bigger stores too...
    2-LED Magnifying Visor : Magnifiers & Microscopes : Maplin Rolson Quality Tools 2 LED Magnifying Visor - HobbyCraft - The Arts & Crafts Superstore

i am just going to ignore those other two, thank you Barbara very helpful

Thats' what photoshop is for, to remove dust motes and stray cat hairs
    that you didn't motice when you took the picture
    The bead looks great to me!

Nic
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

If you don't want to wear a visor, a compromise would be a magnifier light, that's what I use when my glasses aren't strong enough. I got mine from Maplins originally, but I don't think they still do them, but I think I saw it in Argos - mine was around £20 but was a birthday gift from my son a couple of years ago. Mine sits at the end of my bench and doubles up as the light source for my photos, as can be seen in this tutorial I've done:

A free table top photographic studio lighting set up

It's a clamped angle-poise bracket type arrangement with a circular tube around a magnifier centre, which has a flip lid over it, so you can use it as a light when you don't need the magnifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    If you don't want to wear a visor, a compromise would be a magnifier light, that's what I use when my glasses aren't strong enough. I got mine from Maplins originally, but I don't think they still do them, but I think I saw it in Argos - mine was around £20 but was a birthday gift from my son a couple of years ago. Mine sits at the end of my bench and doubles up as the light source for my photos, as can be seen in this tutorial I've done:

A free table top photographic studio lighting set up

It's a clamped angle-poise bracket type arrangement with a circular tube around a magnifier centre, which has a flip lid over it, so you can use it as a light when you don't need the magnifier.
    Thats what i need something clamped to the bench if i had free standing it would just get knocked thanks Boo will have a look for one of those x

Thanks Nic, i am off to polish it a bit more after trying to get some of that solder off x

p.s Boo that copper and pink is just scrumptious x

Thank you kindly. It was antiqued after that - it was a commission for a 50th gift.

I don't do much maille, I love to see the results, but don't have the patience to do much - I find controlling the rings to be very frustrating - it's the only jewellery making that gets me cross - I mostly find it totally absorbing and therapeutic, for a person with a short fuse.

Boo - you are an absolute GEM! A true one off!! What an incredible lighting setup!!!! So Heath Robertson - I just love it!! I think I have all the main ingredients...it's just the fat balls I am missing!!! ...but I'm sure I can find a suitable alternative!!

I'd love to be able to photograph like you...I only have a point and go digital, which is not a lot of help...but I would never be able to afford a DSLR.. So I'll just have to make do!!