Thread: A quick hello and thank you

Default A quick hello and thank you

Good morning all,

Firstly thank you admin for validating my account and I look forward to chatting and sharing experience with you all (although I have very little experience in jewellery world at the moment).
    I am based in Wigan , Greater Manchester and have been tinkering about making rings out of nuts and washers etc , my day is a HGV mechanic so nuts and bolts have been readily available. I haven’t ever intended to sell any of these as they are carbon steel and will rust I just gave them to friends and family who loved them.

The point of my post is I now would like to make custom rings (bands) out of better quality materials. I like the look of stainless Steel Damascus and precious metal Mokume Gane also different inlays and inner sleeves, is there anybody on here who has experience in using these kind of materials?
    Initially I would be looking to buy pre maid Damascus and Mokume Gane billets that I could turn into rings and other things but eventually would love to create my own billets in my own forge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your responses.

Kind regards

Martin

Wow, you sound like you're going pro already. Welcome, sheena (rank amateur).

Haha, thank you Sheena certainly not going pro although that would be awesome but I’m sure I’m not the only one with that dream/vision.