Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competition

Default Competition

Just wanted to say a belated congrats to nick, for winning the December competition - gorgeous little trees, well done, they’re really lovely.

I’m sorry to see the end of the forum competition, I loved seeing everyone’s entries. I know I hadn’t entered for quite a bit - I’ve not really made much for a while. I’ll miss it though, sad to see it go. I preferred it greatly to the social media one.

Missing it already!

I'm sad to see it go too. What about an occasional one off comp?

I’ve only entered twice as themes don’t fit in well with my work but I know that many forum members don’t do FB and have no intention of joining so that will exclude them in the future

Yes, we shall miss the monthly competition, but Cookson have a business to run. The year of the pig has only just begun.

Perhaps we should thank them for sponsoring this forum, giving away £1200 a year in prizes and devoting staff time for judges.

Thank you Cookson. Dennis.

I think it was really generous of them to run it for as long as they did considering how few entries it usually got.
    The one on FB has way more entries and exposure for them so I guess economics made it not worth doing this one.

Oh dear, I was not intending to be critical, so I am sorry if it came across that way. I was just saying that the competition was fun, and i’d miss it. I actually agree that cookson’s were very generous in doing it, I really wasn’t having a go at them. And I do appreciate the forum, which is why I posted on Facebook that this is a very helpful and supportive forum to join! Ho hum.

Shame that Facebook part of things gets so much more traffic. I hope that changes in the future.
    Here's what to look for in compound bows if you want a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    Just wanted to say a belated congrats to nick, for winning the December competition - gorgeous little trees, well done, they’re really lovely.

I’m sorry to see the end of the forum competition, I loved seeing everyone’s entries. I know I hadn’t entered for quite a bit - I’ve not really made much for a while. I’ll miss it though, sad to see it go. I preferred it greatly to the social media one.

Missing it already!
    Thank you Joella.

Purchased a Fretz planishing hammer with my prize. Haven't used it yet and also didn't realise it was the last comp until people mentioned it!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Thank you Joella.

Purchased a Fretz planishing hammer with my prize. Haven't used it yet and also didn't realise it was the last comp until people mentioned it!

Nick
    Good buy! I'd love to own a fretz hammer

Ooh fab, good choice nick, enjoy using it.