Thread: How's the weather in the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How's the weather in the UK

Well I've had enough of this hot weather it is 10.11 pm and it is 10 degrees cooler it is now 32.5c, I think I will move to Canada my friend just told me it is -11c

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Well I've had enough of this hot weather it is 10.11 pm and it is 10 degrees cooler it is now 32.5c, I think I will move to Canada my friend just told me it is -11c
    Ooh that would floor me, we had that last summer for the first time since 1976. That year I was working as an au pair and painting cottages and looking after kids and horses, this time I was completely gubbed by it.
    In Auchtermuchty we have been -3 but the days have had blue skies and sunny rather than the awful brown sky we’ve had for weeks so happy with that.
    Don’t know if you’d like Canada, my friend lived in Toronto for 25 years and he had summers like yours and winters of about -35 with wind chill. I suppose you dress accordingly when you can’t do anything about the heat

At the time of the Cuban missile crisis, when another world war seemed inevitable, we almost moved our family to Australia.
    We weren't thinking of the climate, but the idea of big hairy spiders in the loo was a deciding factor. Dennis.

Yeh! and they like like to come in to escape the heat and to top it all off my air con has died, just try and get some one out to fix it this time of year with a string of days 35 - 42 deg I'm booked in for the 21st
    I went out to Target and bought cheap portable cooler to see me through, it is really struggling better than nothing
    Last edited by china; 03-01-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Yeh! and they like like to come in to escape the heat and to top it all off my air con has died, just try and get some one out to fix it this time of year with a string of days 35 - 42 deg I'm booked in for the 21st
    I went out to Target and bought cheap portable cooler to see me through, it is really struggling better than nothing
    I was born in Sydney and lived there until I moved to the UK 20 years ago. I like hot weather which makes you wonder why I would move to the UK...We didn't have a/c and it never bothered me. I can tell you from direct experience, I would MUCH rather have a broken down a/c during a hot Australian summer than to have a broken down boiler in the middle of a cold British winter. It's no contest as far as I'm concerned.

I plan to move back to Australia hopefully within the next few years and if I do, Brisbane is where I'd like to live.