Thread: Faro handpiece - instructions for use???

Default Faro handpiece - instructions for use???

Hi all, first time poster so be kind!
    I've searched the forum and the internet with no luck. I was kindly gifted a Faro quick release handpiece and pendant motor. I've got no idea how to use the chuck. I'm used to key chucks and dremel handtool quick release so this is alien to me! What is the lever for? Do I need a tool to release and tighten the chuck to fit my drill bits?
    If any one has links to the instructions or video tutorials I would be So thankful. I don't want this amazing gift to go wasted!

The lever is how you operate the chuck, one way to release back into position to tighten most quick release handpiece's only accept 2.35mm tools

If it is the same Faro quick release handpiece that I have, then the lever turned towards the flex shaft is open and turned towards the chuck is closed. But note, like mine, it probably only takes tools with 2.35 mm shafts, it doesn't have a variable diameter chuck, so you will need to invest in drill bits on 2.35 mm shafts, you won't be able to use it with drill bits that are the diameter of the bit for their full length. I believe that Faro do also make a handpiece that takes 3.175 mm shafts.

These are the sort of drill bits I am referring to: https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...prcode-971-151

Haha! China you beat me to it, I took a phone call in the middle of writing my answer.
    Last edited by Paul Kay; 30-12-2018 at 11:40 AM.

I've been searching for days

I have some 2.35 bits and they don't fit in the chuck. The leaver doesn't seem to change the chuck at all?

Dear Donnald,
    It is not clear whether you were given a new machine, or a used one.
    If new, then your obvious recourse is to contact the supplier.
    If used, then the quick change mechanism does eventually wear out and will need repairs.
    Milnes Brothers is a useful company that will repair virtually any hand piece, or offer a reconditioned replacement, so give them a ring: http://www.milnesbros.com/page7.htm.

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.