Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandbag, gritbag

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    If you can find a copy of this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Me.../dp/1929565496 - at a more sensible price then it's worthwhile.
    It's probably fairly worthwhile at £50, but it goes against the grain to pay over the cover price for a recent publication.
    Will check it out have a happy new year.

I have this book and it’s worth the purchase but not at that price. They also have a fb page. I always bought my art books from Amazon.com as they were at least half the price even with postage from the US but no longer under the present circumstances. I definitely didn’t pay £50

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I have this book and it’s worth the purchase but not at that price. They also have a fb page. I always bought my art books from Amazon.com as they were at least half the price even with postage from the US but no longer under the present circumstances. I definitely didn’t pay £50
    Hi caroline, i hope 2019 will be a happier new year for you had a look at prices, even the ones in america are expensive. Cheapest one i found was £46, think the best option is to see if it is republished sometime in the future. At any rate i've got enough to be going on with at the mo. I'm enjoying experimenting and seeing what happens. Just frustrating i can't do more.

Oh that’s interesting Caroline,

I didn’t realise there was a fb page, you don’t happen to know what it’s called do you?

Actually, if anyone has the Alan revere book ‘professional jewellery making’ there is a fb page for people doing the projects in that book, it’s called ‘lets make professional jewellery’.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by joella View Post
    Oh that’s interesting Caroline,

I didn’t realise there was a fb page, you don’t happen to know what it’s called do you?

Actually, if anyone has the Alan revere book ‘professional jewellery making’ there is a fb page for people doing the projects in that book, it’s called ‘lets make professional jewellery’.

Sue
    This is probably the FB page Caroline mentioned;https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreativeMetalForming/ as it is run by the authors of that book.

James

Sue, thanks for the heads up about the Alan Revere book FB group. Have bought the book but haven't started any projects yet. Might get me kick started!

Found the UK Kindle version of Creative Metal Forming and it's only £7.73!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Me...+metal+forming
    Last edited by TDA20; 01-01-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Found the UK kindle version

Oooh, Thanks James, I'll get on that right away.

Same as you Tess, I have the book but not started any projects yet.

...Happy New Year Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    This is probably the FB page Caroline mentioned;https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreativeMetalForming/ as it is run by the authors of that book.

James
    That’s the group James
    There is a criteria to join Sue and it’s not a projects page. There are some amazing craftspeople there doing some outstanding work

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Hi caroline, i hope 2019 will be a happier new year for you had a look at prices, even the ones in america are expensive. Cheapest one i found was £46, think the best option is to see if it is republished sometime in the future. At any rate i've got enough to be going on with at the mo. I'm enjoying experimenting and seeing wh
    at happens. Just frustrating i can't do more.
    Same to you Sheena.
    I think I worked it out at about £35 excl postage so still a bit cheaper than the U.K. I’d completely forgotten about it so need to revisit for this year.