Thread: CAD design/3D modelling

Default CAD design/3D modelling

Hi all,

I am looking to create a pendant similar to the pictures I have attached called Flowers 1,2,3.

I have my own design of roses but I'm really struggling to get someone to do the modelling work correctly. Does anyone know what modelling tool needs to be used to create a pendant like this?

Thank you very much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flowers 1.jpg   Flowers 2.jpg   Flowers 3.jpg  

Zbrush or 3DCoat. I might be tempted to model the basic shape in Rhino before exporting it to a more sculptural package.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Zbrush or 3DCoat. I might be tempted to model the basic shape in Rhino before exporting it to a more sculptural package.
    Thanks Peter - do you know if I can very easily take a 3D model in a zbrush etc. format to a casting company to produce a pendant? The ones I have contacted seem to work mostly with STL/3DM files.

Thank you very much

I would probs do it all in Rhino , Zbrush has a tool that will export an .stl file just make sure you set the size options up correctly.

As above.

ZBrush excels in organic modelling and also exports to .stl format.

Organic modelling is also possible within Rhino.

If you've got some fundamental modelling skills then this design shouldn't be difficult.to model.

Cheers,

Nick

Thank you all for your responses on this! Appreciate it

I have done a quick render I modelled in Rhino the roses were done in tsplines
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.4162.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	11792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	11793

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    I have done a quick render I modelled in Rhino the roses were done in tsplines
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.4162.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	11792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	11793
    This is much closer to what I was going for than the work I have already had done using someone else which was done using Rhino but came out looking somewhat cartoonish. Really appreciate that mockup you've done, thank you.

A part of my actual design is attached, the roses are a tad more intricately detailed I think - do you think these can be achieved using the same method?

Thank you

Also just a note - the initial images I provided came from a very talented designer I came across called Mikaela Lyons and I'm not looking to copy her style! I just wondered how she created it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roses section.jpg  
    Last edited by Shamsham; 05-01-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Tsplines is great, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting updated any more (and Rhino's sub-D modelling is still a bit sup-par - alright for some manipulation, but I wouldn't try to do roses with it).

Always good to state where the images are from