Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How big for sponsors mark?

I have a stamp thats an ok size for both rings ( my narrowest is 4mm wide though) and bangles then I have a laser mark which they can use for anything else.
    I often send unfinished items and have them stamped but will generally have finished items lasered as its gentler.
    If a finished item is stamped there is normally a very small amount of finishing needed on the reverse of where they stamp.

That's good I just wondered how careful they are sounds like they go out of their way these days, down here of course we don't have that problem, so if I damage something when I mark it's just me to blame
    laser marking is a great invention it allows making of tiny things that were unable to be marked previously

Yes I love the invention of laser marking, I have everything marked whether underweight or not. I was doing a lot of domed stuff which in the last would need a tag or something, to be able to do all the fiddly things has been great

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Yes I love the invention of laser marking, I have everything marked whether underweight or not. I was doing a lot of domed stuff which in the last would need a tag or something, to be able to do all the fiddly things has been great
    Yeah i do alot of doming so would need to invest. Do they gauge the size of a laser mark for each piece?
    Still not sure about the size though. Would be interested to hear what everyone else has...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doreen told me what size to get as advised by the workshop boss. They really will take you through it as you’ll be able to tell them what you intend to make and you’ll order accordingly. I needed a new punch when I renewed my registration as they said my old one was worn and I wanted to maybe get a larger one and was advised against. I’d need to look out my invoice for the size code, it’s a one time purchase so I can’t remember now

Doreen told me what size to get as advised by the workshop boss. They really will take you through it as you’ll be able to tell them what you intend to make and you’ll order accordingly. I needed a new punch when I renewed my registration as they said my old one was worn and I wanted to maybe get a larger one and was advised against. I’d need to look out my invoice for the size code, it’s a one time purchase so I can’t remember now
    Oh don’t be doing that! You’ve done enough with all this info already
    I’ll find out their opening times and call them.
    All your replies are very much appreciated every one.
    Thanks

8.30 to 4.30
    just looked but you beat me to it.