Thread: Foredom hammer handpiece

Default Foredom hammer handpiece

Hi everyone,
    I have a foredom pendant motor, and i would like to try out the hammer action handpiece to use for stone setting, and to use with a graver to carve simple lines.
    Is there a graver attachment or tip i can use with a hammer handpiece? Thanks

The tip come separate or in a kit and you will need to grind them to your desired shape as far as I am aware there are not any graver tips pre ground for the hammer hand piece

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    The tip come separate or in a kit and you will need to grind them to your desired shape as far as I am aware there are not any graver tips pre ground for the hammer hand piece
    Thank you China, i think im going to give it a go! x

Do people use them for engraving? Its a hammer action so I can't imagine it would work well.
    You can certainly use them for texturing and James ( Goldsmith) has some great examples of different heads that he has made to achieve different results.

I have the engraving attachment for my micromotor hammer handpiece, but I've never used it (Airgraver - why would I?). I know Foredom do a specific Powergraver; there's also the NgraveR which is specifically for slipjoint handpiece usage; I only know of one person in the UK with one and they seemed quite happy with it.

I’ve used the diamond tipped anvil in mine for texturing, and the bevelled anvils for stone setting.

Both work really well if controlled. I wouldn’t imagine it would be great for engraving however.

Cheers,

Nick